1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Some Stuff

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rock91, Feb 18, 2010.

1. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

Ok so here are some mods that mite be fun on the forum. Of course no one is telling you to install them, but I just think they would be helpfull.

Next Post Level mod --- Indicates in the user's Profile the posts he needs to go up to the next membergroup
    pro: It looks cool and the forum will be like a giant RPG (advantage for a Rom site that treats games)..
    cons: People could start posting just to increase their level. But they do it anyway so meh... :p

Topic_Locked_Message --- When you click the Lock Topic button, you can insert a reason why the topic has been locked (mods and admins only)

Animated_BBC_expando --- When you hover over a picture it displays it in it's real size. Very usefull if people post large pics :D

Image Quote Removal Package --- Oh God guys please install this mod. It get's very annoying when people quote HUGE images and and it only lags the page for slow connection users. Basically it hides the image behind a text in the quote. When you hover over the quote, it displays the quoted image. VERY USEFULL

Mark_Reader_Name --- This one is pretty cool :D ... Basically it colours the name of the user mentioned in a post on a thread. For example if there are 20 persons posting in a thread, and one person writes a poster's name in the thread, the posters name can be either coloured, bolded, underscored etc.
    e.g

User 1

Hey I think this mod is cool

User 2

Hey User 1 , I think so too :D
    ^
    Get it ?

Move Old Topics --- THIS IS VERY COOL AND USEFULL. Basically in the ACP / Forum Maintenance you can move the old topics in a new forum called TRASH BOARD or something like that. You choose the name :D... It's like prunning but it keeps the the posts... Stickies are excluded...

TopicStarter Mod --- Displays a little icon near the person who started a topic :D

So Loony or Seph, are theese ideas any good? Will you approve at least the Image Quote Removal Package ?

2. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We won't be doing too many forum mods until the final version of SMF is out, there are simply too many changes between the various Release Candidates that the work will have to be redone.

3. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

Ah I see. But Seph wasn't 2.0 RC2 out of the BETA version. It should be a complete version right? Do you know when a newer version will come?

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

RC is release candidate.

5. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

aha. It's also a public release :D. Soooo I guess you guys won't install any more mods?
    [me=rock91]stares funny at Loony and persuades him into installing the Image Quote Removal Package mod o_O[/me]

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I know a RC3 will be released within a few weeks. Whether there will be a RC4 or a final version after that I cannot say.

7. rock91

rock91 Well-Known Member

wohooooooooo!!! RC3 FTW :D