1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Some ideas

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by grimsim1, Oct 21, 2008.

1. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

I've looked through the topics here and may have overlooked any of these ideas but if not please tell me what you think.

1) Translations section (either on the forum or the site). I find it hard to find translations for games and would be great to have one place where all translations and instructions on how to patch the rom can be found. Would be more appropriate to have this in the forums I assume and have members post found translations and credit the translator. I think would be neat to have this for some SNES, GBA and DS games.

2) How about a challenge section where people can challenge each other in certain games. For example, on a particular game, a member has posted a screenshot of him achieving a really high score on some game for a specific system and challenges someone to beat his/her score and post proof of it. Maybe the admins or moderators can also post official challenges that last for about a month or so and the winner get's extra points or something (Perhaps award extra titles like eg: Tony Hawks Skater master or something). Would be fun and could get the community more active and competing.

3) I know this one is highly unlikely but would be an interesting addition but don't see it being very active. Let's say for example someone wants to play a particular game from a specific point in the game (due to loss of a save file or in need or replaying a certain area because they missed something) they can request a save for a particular game at a particular point in that game. Then someone that is near that part could post their save if the requestee would like to use it or not, its up to them but would be neat to have an opportunity to play from that point or near the point in question. I know save files are readily available but I'm referring to save files for particular sections in games.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

1) I'll think about it, but cant really see it becoming its own board.

2) that is more or less what the gaming lounge is for

3) Save files are somewhere on the to-do list.

3. grimsim1

For number 2, I thought about the gaming lounge but there is so much chatting about games in general. Was thinking this in its own little section.

Thanks for considering it though, holding thumbs for number 1 and looking forward to number 3.

By the way is there any way I can see this "to do list"? Is it open to regular members to view?

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Not really, there's so much shit on it that will never get done that it wouldn't make much sense anyway. We have a lot of ideas but not the time/money to implement them.

5. grimsim1

Well the forum and site are great as is, any extra work would just improve it and seeing as the core of it is there already, then the site is good as it is. There is no expectations really, anything that can be done whenever will be welcome but I personally am happy as is. Thanks for everything that has been done already. :)

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

This might be considered hijacking, but it's better than posting a new thread for an idea/suggestion of mine.

I know others have posted this idea before, but let me please rephrase them to be more RomUlation community appropriate:

A TV, Movies & Music Discussion ONLY Section. I know that such a section is outside the boundaries of RomUlation's scope & that other Forums are out there for such topic discussions, & we should just go there for that matter. But I have tried to go to one of these places, a forum dedicated to South Park discussions, but the place is down right lame. Not the members, a lot of 'em are nice, but the community's so erratic, days can pass with no new posts ever being posted. It's like going to a bar, if RomUlation's the bar hall itself, that place is the toilet, people do see each other but don't interact much.

RomUlation is such a great place where everyone enjoys everyone else's company with the exception of gate crashers coming in now & again, but generally is such a nice place.

I also know that there are also members who like to talk about Music, TV shows or movies from time to time but they're left to post topics on the General Section which seems a bit off, but if there were a section for it, purely for discussion purposes then things might go smoothly.

7. grimsim1

I agree with Cahos' idea. Maybe it can even have a TV shows, Movies, music and anime review section where people can get recommendations by reading said review?

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

That's not the topic of RomUlation, we're a gaming forum, not a teen/life forum.