1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Some health questions =]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hanghanghang, Jun 24, 2008.

1. hanghanghang

hanghanghang Well-Known Member

Starting TODAY i have been doing the treamill and ran atleast 2.5 miles and i think that was enough because i was sweating so much lol.

So i was wondering after i excercise what should i eat or drink?

Drink:
    Should i drink ONLY water. I like drinking Koolaid but will it make a huge difference if i keep drinking water. Im trying not to drink 2 much soda anymore. So yea is it ok if i drink kool aid? lol or is water better?

Food:
    No junk food right? So any suggestions what to snack on? Fruits? i like apples and watermellon. Or is dry fruits good also? Dont fruits have a lot of sugar?

So this topic is mainly to ask what i should do after a run on the treadmill or a swim in the pool.

And a VERY weird question, when you poop, i notice some weight is taken off. IDK why. So is pooping a good way to lose weight? lol well you can only poop so much =P.

thanks guys a lot =]

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What's Koolaid? Is that a energy drink or something? Or one of those flavoured water drinks? Water is always good to drink all day and every day so that's a good choice. Fruits, low fat (or normal) yoghurt etc. Some fruits have more sugar than others, but they don't have a lot, just don't eat TOO much fruit. Yes, you lose weight when you poop. Just don't force it :p

3. hanghanghang

LOL SO why dont people just poop all day instead of tread milling? will running help me much?

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Because you can't force it, you have to wait for food etc. to digest, which takes about 24 (I think) hours. Running should help you lose a bit of weight, for more questions etc., see Winterreise's almighty "Trim Your ROMs And Your Waist - The RomU Fitness Plan" :p https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php/topic,7596.0.html

5. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Fruit does not exactly have a lot of sugar. And even then, sugar that comes from fruits or fructose if I still remember biology is healthy. Yeah also remember to stretch before and after an exercise.

6. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

you should drink water after using the treadmill.
    i suggest doing some other exercises such as crunches or bench press/push-up
    as just using the treadmill works the leg and ab muscles, you also need to focus on other areas to help aid in weight loss.

7. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Drinking an energy drink after exercising sounds a bit silly. You should drink it before exercising. Afterwards you can drink water.

For food, it depends on how much you burn every day. Fruits can be good. As are vegetables (cucumber, tomatoes, carrots). Snack those instead of fatty products.

But simple actions can also improve your health. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Take the bike instead of a car. Keep them as simple as possible, else you'll get fed up with them. 10-30 push-ups every day. It does not have to be much, it has to be daily.

8. hanghanghang

lol koolaid isnt popular?!?! =o well thanks guys lol ;D what kinds of things do you guys eat that are good to snack on and healthy?

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It doesn't exist on this side of the atlantic.

10. lilblkridinhood

lilblkridinhood Well-Known Member

uhhh usually i just drink water while i run :) n usually i dirnk juice after the excercise, cause it's sorta water, and fruit, less work :)

11. hanghanghang

mmm well i just finished a work out i swam a lot of laps in the pool ran the treadmill after (like right after) then did some sit ups. and im pooped! =o lol if i eat prunes which i think tastes really good, ill poop a lot making me losse some weight lol