1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Some Chinese Cartoons airing here in the Philippines

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I was a bit surprised when a local station here began airing two Chinese cartoons that are quite intriguing.

The first is a show whose title was translated to "I-Go Youngster", this cartoon is kinda like Hikaru no Go because it was a Go focused cartoon. But it is set in the Ancient Chinese era & as such, there are few events that tackled the Ancient Chinese warfare events & a little of martial arts thrown into the mix (as expected from anything Chinese).

The second cartoon, translated to "The Wanderings of San Mao", is about this orphaned kid who was left to fend for himself in the streets of early 1900's Shanghai.

These cartoons are very interesting for me because this was something from China that wasn't about Ancient China, Fantasy Kung Fu or that old Tale of Son Goku (Not the Saiyan, but the one from Saiyuki), quite refreshing if I may say.

2. blacksun23

blacksun23 Guest

what channel airs these shows

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

TV5 (formerly ABC5)

4. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

oh, i remember the chinese version of Hikaru no Go. its kindda intreasting but thier animation are alittle crappy.

anyway there is another chinese anime that i know, its call Legend of Naza, and it is base one of the chinese god name Naza armed with Golden Ring and Flaming Wheels.

5. vincent_val3ntine

vincent_val3ntine Active Member

Legend Of Naza is showing in indonesia too.

6. zinectics

zinectics Well-Known Member

sir cahos what timeslot is the cartoons on tv-5

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Too bad zinetics you missed them, they were taken off the air about three weeks ago.

8. Zhuo_Xing

Zhuo_Xing Well-Known Member

Saiyuki?Isn't it a Japanese anime?If it's a Old Tale you must be referring to "Journey To The West."
    Then is the Chinese cartoons dialoged in Mandarin or in other languages?Speaking of Chinese cartoon my Country,Singapore do have quite a number in Weekend Mornings.

9. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Yes, the "Journey to the West" legend is sometimes referred to as "Saiyuki" in Japanese.

The Japanese Anime you're referring to is "Saiyuki Reloaded", which I might add is a very lame Bastardization of the original "Journey to the West" legend.

The two Cartoons I mentioned were voiced over using our Local Language.

10. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

lol. as far as i remember, with the exception of One Piece. Every anime dubbed in tagalog have turned out so horrible. Its like the essence died.