1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Soma Bringer English patcher

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by olliebot, Jul 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olliebot

olliebot Well-Known Member

I have the english patcher for soma bringer and the nds file and I'm using a mac but I don't know what to do to patch the game.

2. AcroneSF

AcroneSF Well-Known Member

Are you sure its copatibe with mac?

3. olliebot

there is a mac patcher. It said it was for macs.

4. AcroneSF

AcroneSF Well-Known Member

I've never used the program but generaly would you have to select the game, the patch and click some form of Patch button?

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There is likely a readme or how to TXT or NFO file with the patch/patcher that will tell you how to use it.

6. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Yes, there's a readme in the zip:

To apply the patch, drag an original (unpatched, untrimmed) Soma Bringer ROM
    onto the Drop Rom Here.bat file.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I know that's how it worked when I patched the game on my PC, but I didn't know if the MAC patch would be the same way.

8. olliebot

The only two files that came with the zip are called
    PatchSoma
    xdelta3
    and none of them had a specified file type. Just "Unix Executable File" and no specific application to launch to or anything.

9. kamuikurou

kamuikurou Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didn't read carefully before I posted... I don't have a Mac around but I'll try to help...

I checked on the GBATemp thread and got this:

Patcher for mac users (extract to the same folder as the patch and your original .nds file, then run PatchSoma)

Yes the PatchSomaOSX.zip only contains two files, from the instructions, it's either:

1) Put the extracted files in a same folder as the original rom and run the PatchSoma (This one doesn't seem to work)

2) Download the windows patcher (Latest patch: 2009-02-02), extract it, then put both the extracted PatchSomaOSX.zip and original rom there. Then run the PatchSoma.

I really dunno whether this would work but I think the key is the original patcher (Latest patch: 2009-02-02). Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.