1. This forum is in read-only mode.

**Solved** Final Fantasy IV The After Years.

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by TirithRR, Jun 7, 2009.

1. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

So, I'm poking around trying to get Final Fantasy IV The After Years to work on the Dolphin Emulator.

I've tried multiple different revisions, including some of the latest (3819)

The Dolphin forums say that it works, and even give a list of emulator settings. But they also say something about "Scrubbing" the WAD file for it to work.

Does anyone have any info on getting this to run? Or has anyone got it to run on the Dolphin Emulator?

I have found a Solution:

To run this game on Dolphin you need to run a "002 Error fix" on the WAD file.

You need the program "WWPacker" You can get it here:
    http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=95479

WWPacker will require a Key file to run correctly. Use this program to create one.
    http://sharebee.com/f68dc69e

You will get two files, key.bin and kkey.bin
    Delete the kkey.bin
    Rename the key.bin file to common-key.bin
    Put common-key.bin into your WWPacker folder.

Drag the WAD file onto __wwunpacker.bat

Drag the complete unpacked folder onto _wwpacker-IOS33-Plus.bat

Select English, NTSC/U, and just say No to everything except the 002 Fix.

The game is then Repacked into a new WAD file. You can now Rename this as "FFIV-AY-FIXED" if you wish.

This game is now ready to run in Dolphin. I am personally using 3286 build. But it works on later releases too.

2. mangekyo

mangekyo Active Member

can you please post me a link as to where to download the game? thanks in advance

3. TirithRR

www.demonoid.com

4. Drognar

Drognar Active Member

Yo, Tirrith. When I go to the makekeybin program it gives me 2 files a Key.bin and a Kkey.bin, but when running _wwunpacker tells me I need common-key.bin.

5. TirithRR

kkey.bin is a file you don't need for wwpacker. It's used for another program. (Something about Korean key).

Take the key.bin file and rename it common-key.bin

6. Drognar

Drognar Active Member

Yeah, just wasn't sure if that solve anything.

7. rotundrew

rotundrew New Member

Fist i would get only dialog bubbles but it ran, I thought this would help. now that i ran the 002 fix, i now get the 002 error.