1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Solus's Portfolio

Discussion in 'Portfolios' started by Solus, May 31, 2009.

1. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Decided to document some of my work.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ch2435

ch2435 Well-Known Member

Did you draw that? If so, you are extremely epic. Like srsly, you have a future.

3. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Yeah I drew that. And thanks for the compliment. :) always nice to have someone compliment your work.

4. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Ohhh I like the second one :D
    how did you do that rainbow effect on the waterfall? you're painting right?

5. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

I like the last one....

I think you're a professional....anyway it's good that you really drew all this...

6. jevejo777

jevejo777 Well-Known Member

wow, you're really good

7. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

Whoe, this stuff is really good

8. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Those are excellent Solus :)

9. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

You have obvious talent, there's a few bits that need refined here and there in the sky-island one, but your "people" are flawless.

10. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

I love the last two, although they are all damn good.

Your human figures are so well drawn, I remember seeing some of your work in that other thread

these makes me want to start drawing myself, I need to get myself a scanner >.<

Edit:(off topic response to crazytunas post)
    actually I can draw, I used to alot when I was back at school about a year ago

11. crazytuna

You should really start drawing it's really fun, maybe you have a hidden talent in yourself

12. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Yeah im not good at drawing landscapes because I draw people most of the time. But Im starting to draw intensively lately, hope I get better. :D

13. fuselight

fuselight Well-Known Member

they are awesome mate.... :D

14. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

You should start doing monsters Solus :p

15. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Thanks, might try drawing monsters soon enough. Pretty inspired by silent hill. But still I enjoy drawing human figures and they are probably one of the most challenging subject to draw. Monsters on the other hand are easy.

16. crazytuna

Weirdly, I find drawing landscapes harder to draw than humans

17. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

As much as I enjoy viewing art of landscapes, I never really liked to draw them. And I fins humans hard to draw because you have to get proportion right, fingers are annoying to draw, and having to draw many characters means having to have good creativity as to make each character different, you have to think about a lot of things.

18. crazytuna

And that is why I prefer to draw the simplicity of a lonely tree in a plain during a cloud-filled sky day
    It might sound lazy, but I just prefer to draw landscapes, they're more...peaceful I guess

19. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

Still, my preference would be to draw people / characters. Preference I guess

20. romz_mark

romz_mark Well-Known Member

Wow, those are amazing. Did you use photoshop or some other program to color them or did you color them yourself? How did you get so good?