1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Soft resetting for a shiny starter in HG/SS

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by Shadowdark96, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Shadowdark96

Shadowdark96 Member

I was wondering, can you just save in front of the three pokeballs and SR till you see shiny? Do you see if it is a shiny pokemon before you 'have' it?

Thanks in advance

2. Karyuu

Karyuu Well-Known Member

Well...You can save in front of the pokeballs...but chances to get a shiny are small..

3. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

You can still get it. Though, I soft resetted around 2500 times and no shiny.

4. Atlnathics

Atlnathics Active Member

You wasted all that time just to get a Shiny Pokemon? Why? All it is, is a different picture.

5. mikeac

mikeac Well-Known Member

It is rare, and you can trade it for awesome EV'd pokemon that would kill in battle.

6. JButter

JButter Well-Known Member

If you save in front of the pokeballs you CAN get a shiny starter and you WILL see it if you choosing one!

7. s_quizno

s_quizno Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, you'll see one alright. And maybe some stars and light flashes too, you know, from staying up all night resetting over and over and over . . . totally possible though, just not worth it anymore because nowadays shiny Pokemon get an instant HACKED label unless proven otherwise.

8. JButter

JButter Well-Known Member

U can use pokesav to get a shiny also :p

9. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

Id just use pokesav. Not worth the time.

10. omgwtfitzben

omgwtfitzben Well-Known Member

Pokesav if you want shiny, I've been playing Pokemon all my life and I've only ran into one, and killed it. There's really no point, people are just going to think you hacked it if you had one. If you did catch a shiny pokemon, it'd have to be an easy wild one like a Pidgey or something.

Starters/Legendary/OU Pokemon that are shiny are most likely from Pokesav.

11. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree with that. I've only caught one shiny, even though I've battled at least two. I caught a Noctowl that looked like Ash's in the anime, and never realized it was shiny (I thought it was literally Ash's Noctowl) until like a few years ago, and I accidentally KO'd the Red Gyarados. (You know, I just realized. If you've played G/S, then it's 80% possible that you've seen at least ONE shiny due to the Red Gyarados)

12. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

I actually just recently found out that Ash's Noctowl is shiny. I had thought they like screwed up the colors or something...I never watched past Indigo League so I didn't know they actually implemented shiny pokemon in the anime. lol

13. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

lol yeah, i think he used to sparkle when he came out, i forgot.

14. totallydood

totallydood Guest

Id just use Pokesav. But that is cheating imo if you are wanting to play this game legitly (no hacking)