1. This forum is in read-only mode.

So when the english CT Rom comes out...

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Johnnybizzoy, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Johnnybizzoy

Johnnybizzoy Member

Will it already have some sort of Anti Piracy bypass?
    I've read all the solutions that I could find, but I don't know how to add/edit cheats in my M3 DS Real.

2. DTheRPGFan657289

DTheRPGFan657289 Well-Known Member

The problem with DS cartridges is that they can rarely become rip-proof after the game's release. Somehow, SE took a preemptive strike against early piracy by taking out those lines of code. Upon the day of the game's release, they have to restore that line of code into the series of DS cartridges they sell. If they don't, then every copy will be defective because it will never escalate past the point of crashing. So, unfortunately, the best a publisher can do for a DS game currently is prevent it from being released early and pirated...but never pirated, period.

3. Johnnybizzoy

Johnnybizzoy Member

Hm, good information.
    But didn't answer my question fully.
    However, the English Rom is up, so I'm downloading it, and I'll see if the issues continue by searching various forums.
    If I fail to find any problems reported in the specific English(U) version, I will test it myself.

4. 3020

3020 Member

there's a patch out the patch the cheat directly to the rom. I'm too lazy to find it for you, but I'm sure if you search the gbstemp forums you'll see it.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Just update your cheat database file from http://www.gbatemp.net/ which includes the CT patch code (I asked Narin). :)

6. Johnnybizzoy

Johnnybizzoy Member

Does it work for (U)?

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Theres a new code out for the U version. Unsure if its been added to the database yet but the code has been added to the tutorial.

8. anandjones

I just asked Narin, he said that the (U) codes will be added very soon.

He's done it.

9. Johnnybizzoy

Johnnybizzoy Member

I have a problem.
    For my M3 DS REAL, I put in the Cheat.dat, and when I go to cheats, I load that file, but no cheats show up.
    The certain game I was testing Was Rune Factory 2, which was IN the cheat list, but none showed.
    The M3 has this cheat.db, already in, but when I download the cheat file from Narin, it's .dat.
    Help?
    Edit: Tried with Chrono Trigger, and still doesn't work.
    Help!

10. anandjones

Add in the codes manually.

11. Johnnybizzoy

Johnnybizzoy Member

Cant. your tutorial links are broken for the download.
    I dont have a cheat editor.

12. anandjones

Go to www.r4ds.cn