1. This forum is in read-only mode.

So... is there going to be another Castlevania for the DS or what ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by MindFever, Jan 13, 2010.

1. MindFever

MindFever Well-Known Member

I seriously hope so... havent found any good news about it.This made be doubt there will be anything new this year.
    Totaly enjoyed the previous parts...although Portrait of Ruin is kind of short.I havent finished it yet but i think im close to the end (must do the last few portraits in the last room)

Any constructive rumors/comments/deductions are welcome.Thanks ;D

2. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Well its not for NDS, but there is a Castlevania that was released on Wiiware under the "Rebirth" line its just a remake of Castlevania Adventure with a couple new features and snes type graphics its not too bad. but I haven't heard of any NDS future releases.

As for rumors only one that I have seen is working on a "true" sequel to Symphony of the Night (unknown console) and of course "Lord of Shadows" for PS3

3. MindFever

Hmm ,dammit ... I own only a DSi and GBC - that's it ;)
    Yeah,i heard about a Wii that will get a new Castlevania this year ... dammit,what was the name again? Hmm,maybe it's the same one you're talking about,just a sequel.
    I hope something like Dawn Of Sorrow storyline or Ecclesia ,will get a sequel... i dont get it why more of similar games to Castlevania aren't getting any DS treatment ? DS gets all other crap... Metroid (exception taken on Metroid Prime) and Castlevania should be more often released on DS. I also want more Mario games and im not talking about Mario Basketball or Mario RPG or even Mario Party or some other spin-off fuckness ... Although Bowser's Inside Story,Mario Basketball and Olympic Games are cool ;)

Back to Castlevania...:But is there a chance it might get a sequel or a prequel on the DS ? Since im new to Nintendo DS,im not familiar of the consistency of their releases since i havent lived them in my younger age

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Castlevania releases are somewhat regular. I'd expect one in, say, a year and a half on either DS or PSP.

5. Reider

Reider Modereider

360 as well. :p

No idea if they will or not, but they might decide to squeeze out another Castlevania for the DS before it's all done.

6. MindFever

I see! well that is great news... hmm,i never thought Castlevania was a regular release on DS,though it is logical.DS is perfect for Castlevania (double screens and all). As i said (i think i said it ...?),i am fairly new to DS gaming since i bought and started to follow the DS scene only last year in the summer.

What would you want to see new in a Castlevania for the DS ? I would like to see more "maps" like in Ecclesia.But more than that,i want a huuuuge castle to explore.Portrait of Ruin's castle was kind of smaller than i expected...
    Why wont they make a Castlevania,where you go thru all the levels (maybe in a non-linear fashion to some extent?) and only in the end you get to beat the "Castle"...
    Please NOTE i am totaly new to Castlevania.I started playing it last year September ... what a blasphemy ,huh? I did see Castlevania on the NES (i think it was Castlevania 3) where my little cousing finished it without loosing more than 2 lives in the entire game... fuck

7. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Well-Known Member

Personally, I'm hoping they do a Remake of Lament of Innocence to the DS (They made Leon Belmont a Sprite Specially for Portrait of Ruin/Gallery of Labyrinth... so yeah, :p that or they do one on the 1999 Arc

8. MindFever

Wow,Lament of Innocence looks realy good ... never heard of it before,though.
    Well,if they do a remake i wouldnt mind ,since i never played the older Castlevania games myself ... but i think fans would be pissed off.

BTW CANT WAIT for the Megaman Zero Collection for the DS!!! (4 megaman games in 1 ...woooooot! never played any other megaman other than ZX / ZX Advent / Battle Network 5 DS) so far i like ZX very very much

9. Jeremiah

Well when I mean remake as in changing it from the 3rd Person Style of the PS to the Side-Scroll Platform Hell of OoE

10. MindFever

Aha, i understand... yeah,side scrolling Castlevania makes more sense. I did miss a whip in Dawn of Sorrow and ,honestly, the one hit title of Castlevania on the PSX (forgot the name... supposedly Dawn of Sorrow for the DS was made to look similar to that one i mentioned) had the worst beginning you can immagine.You are a cool MoFo and then Death strips all your powers/weapons...this sucks !
    Somehow i think Dawn of Sorrow looks better ... it is probably because i never played the PSX Castlevania (the one i mentioned above).

I hope there will be selectable characters in the next Castlevania installment for the DS.Or a continuation of Dawn of Sorrow story (if its possible... i didnt finish D.o.S. yet so i have no clue if the idea is feasable)

11. Jeremiah

Spoiler Ahead scroll down to see Text:

Soma confronts Dario and absorbs a Demon that Celia gave to him, Dario runs away defeated... Dmitrii whom you "killed" earlier reforms by hopping into a Doppelganger while in the process absorbed Soma's ability of Dominance. Soma then confronts Dmitrii in Hell where he is overpowered by the Demons he absorbed which then formed into a Giant Monstrosity which ends to the final battle. At the end Soma asks whether he should reprise his role on becoming the Dark lord, Arikado comments that he is after all... human and has his own choice. And that there will be someone who would take over the Role of the Dark Lord.

12. Suiseiseki

Oh man, total mindblank here... thinkthinkthink.

SYMPHONY OF THE NIGHT! That's the one.

13. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

Dawn of Sorrow was the sequel to Aria of Sorrow on GBA (seems like you don’t know about it), you should definitely try it, since that’s where the game got it‘s epicness from, the gameplay is about the same.

Btw you can unlock 'Julius mode' in both where you play as him through the game if you really miss the whip, his story is basically against Soma on the premise he succumbs to being the dark lord.
    I actually prefer the array of weapons you could use as Soma though.

14. MindFever

RIGHT! Exactly ... same here man,mindblank galore ;)
    Post Merge: [time]1264272475[/time]
    No i didnt know...im very new to Castlevania.I did know Castlevania on the NES existed ,since my cousin finished the 1st and the 3rd one quite a few times.Crazy tough,but he was so much trained into the game he could finish both with apparently no difficulties.

Oh,realy? Well, now im realy motivated to finish Dawn of Sorrow ;) I mean,that's freakin' awesome... you finish a game and then you unlock a mode that lets you play the same levels but on a totaly different story (if i understood correctly).That's like 2 games,for crap's sake! oh yes... that is what i call a friggin' G A M E ! Also,i think chars. in the game should have their clothes visualy change when you equip stuff...only foolish wishes - a man can dream ,right? :)
    Thanks for the info ,btw!

15. Arikaido

Arikaido Member

So.... to my knowledge, I've played and beat every handheld Castlevania... And I must say every minute of that time was.... it was precious to me... *sniff*... so another game would be welcome, at any time!
    Although I have one request: I want some over-the-top spell animations... because they kinda stick to the same mold... it's safe and it works, but... meh, guess I'm just a greedy American... and I... want... MORE!
    Don't curse me for it! :p

16. MindFever

Right... i think you have a valid point. And yeah,the gaming process ,how you explore the castle/areas in this game is just so satisfying.It makes you feel you are there at some extent,doesnt it ?
    Nah,you ain't greedy ... you just want to repeat the good experience you had with previous Castlevania games. Im tellin you ,i'm considering buying a PSP just to play other Castlevania games ! Holy crap ... it "took" me THAT much ;)

17. Suiseiseki

To be fair, there's not as much exposition in Julius Mode. You've just got to kill the major bosses to unlock the path to the Underworld - there's not much story other than "Ohshit, Soma's the new dark lord, better go kick his ass". That said, you also get access to Alucard and Yoko in Julius Mode.

Order of Ecclesia has a similar setup where you can play as Albus. It's pretty sweet, guns and teleportation are lethal.

18. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

Man you need to play SotN, is considered the best

of course you can play the DS titles as well,
    they are similar to SotN but no one is compared to SotN

and be sure to play at least one time the ones that was released on the GBA

Aria of sorrow is the best, but circle of the moon is something...

well is all your choise

oh! and if you liked the clasic series try-out the RoB (Rondo of blood)

19. MindFever

Alas! i dont have a PSP (considering it for this year) - SotN is for PSP right? I hope so.If not,well ...i'll just play it on the ePSXe on my PC.
    Yeah,i'm itching to play other GBA Castlevania titles,though i only own a DSi White and a Gameboy Color Purple... life sucks ;)
    Post Merge: [time]1264638610[/time]
    Aah...i see.Well,it does keep you motivated to play it again.which can be fun sometimes.
    How is playing Portrait of Ruin or Ecclesia online ,btw ? Never tried it ...and the shops are never open except on rare occasions.Too bad though

20. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

maybe you like this one
    there is a youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-boztIj21lk

if you liked there is the game i must say "it becomes addictive"
    http://serio.piiym-net.com/CVBla/