1. This forum is in read-only mode.

So, I finally decided to softmod my Wii

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jaimitovond, May 26, 2010.

1. jaimitovond

jaimitovond Well-Known Member

Just to realize I lost my MicroSD adaptor card, if I put it on the USB adapter and plug it into the wii, will it still read it?. Also, I have a Kingston 2GB micro sd(backed up, of course) and a 4.2 Wii, is the space enough, or should I get a bigger one, also, can anyone link me to the softmodding thread? I recall a member here having an excellent guide, but I cant find it. Thanks a lot for the help

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well, for soft-modding here you go. :) - http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=35411
    I'm an expert-ish on it, so any questions, just let me know. :)

If you have a MicroSD to SD Adapter, then it'll work. That's what I use.

Am I that excellent guide writer by chance? ::)

3. jaimitovond

Yup, it was yours exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot.

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

No problem. :)

And I'm going to update that tomorrow, so check back on it later in the day.

5. jaimitovond

I will, specially since it seems a bit complicated. If I succeed, I swear I`ll do a tutorial with pics. Anyways, I`ll try this tomorrow as Im quite tired right now, once again, thanks a lot

6. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Don't worry about the tutorial with pictures. I think people should learn the same way I have...and not get any help really. But I have made that info thread to help guide them through the process.

7. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

Suggest getting a hardrive if your gonna get uloader just a heads up

8. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes. That's a necessity for me especially since I have nearly 70 games. I don't wanna flip through a hoard of discs just to find the one I don't want to play...

9. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

Wow 70 games yeah you really need a hardrive I myself have not gotten a hardrive I don't have enough money I want a 1tb hardrive

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

That's a big drive. :p
    I don't even use half of my drive yet and I have that many games.

11. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

Like they say the bigger the better lol how about a 250gb hardrive that sounds reasonable and I've seen that they are sometimes cheap

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'd suggest the Western Digital My Passport 320GB HDD for general use, unless you are a collector, then you'll want a larger drive.

13. dblood

dblood Well-Known Member

Thanks man Im a go see if walmart has them cheap

14. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

I'm up to 91 and steadily climbing

15. jaimitovond

Ok guys, need more help here. I instaled the HBC, DVDX and Bootmi as an IOS.
    Next step on the guide is as follows(this is to uninstall the stub249):

B1) GET THIS PACK(Thanks to Dogeggs, he sure made the trick... this will probably work for anyone) or GET THIS PACK 2 or GET THIS PACK 3 (pick start with the first one, if you get an error pick the next one and follow instructions from B2 and on again. One of this will do the trick without an error. If still nothing, try this)

B2)Format the SD card, with FAT32, place the contents of the included folder in the SD card root. Only files in SD root should be:
    root:\Wad\
    root:\bootmii\
    root:\startup.elf
    root:\boot.dol
    root:\00000001\ <-(if available)

B3)Place the SD card in the wii, start HBC and press home ar the main HBC screen. (If your wii boots to Bootmii, just go to B5)

B4)Select bootmii and wait.

B5)Wadmanager should start.(On ios select, select ios36, or try a few, 249, 250 dunno,we are scratching our heads with this)!!

B6)Select SD card and press A to continue.

B7)Select ios249 from wad folder and press A

B8)change the action to "uninstall wad", press A

B9)Done!! now to the next step!!

The problem I have is that when I format my SD to Fat32 and put the files to get rid of Stub249, I open the HBC and all the apps are gone, theres none. The other problem is that, when Wad finally opens, it tell me to "press left or right to choose the IOS, press A to confirm and home to restart" well, I go to Ios249, and press A, then....nothing happens, my wiimote turns off and I got to turn off the console, any help?

EDIT: oops, forgot it was ios36, but with this another problem poppoed up. When in step 8 I change to "uninstall wad" it gives me an error, any ideas?)

16. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Just install IOS38 as IOS249 and it'll overwrite the file. There's really no need to uninstall it.

17. jaimitovond

? But the tutorial says to change to "uninstall" also, is it normal for all the HBC apps to dissapear after I format my SD card, or did I screw up?

18. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well, formatting deletes everything, so yeah, it's normal.
    I can personally soft-mod a Wii to play backup within minutes, but I'm not there to help, so I don't know.
    I know Duncan Idaho just installed IOS38 without uninstalling 249. :p

19. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

It's just in the step to clear out your card so your not piled up with files that you already used and are unnecessary now.