1. This forum is in read-only mode.

So about fake flashcarts

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by archlvt, Oct 3, 2010.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I'm convinced that the acekard2i I bought from shoptemp a few months ago is fake, judging by how flimsy it feels, the square marking on the back, the SD slot spring breaking on the first day, the constant save file losses while using akaio1.7 (have to use official firmware to stop the save file losses, but that leads to poor compatibility), the occasional freezing caused by the cart being kinda loose in the DS, and finally the random corruption of all my data every couple of weeks leading me to have to reformat the SD card.

So, here's my question; Do all carts have bootlegs? I mean, is acekard2i just a commonly bootlegged cart? Is it just as likely that I will get a fake Supercard DSTWO as getting a fake Acekard2i? I was told to go to a different store, but the name escapes me, but they're currently shut down for some kinda chinese holiday for a week.

*edit*

I didn't really make it clear what I'm talking about. I want to buy a Supercard DSTWO, but ishopvideogame is closed for a week and I'm concerned about getting a fake from shoptemp. My acekard is driving me up the wall.
    Post Merge: [time]1286077020[/time]
    Hm nevermind, from what I understand, fake DSTWOs don't even exist (yet), so I don't have to worry about that from any shop.

2. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

try putting akaio 1.7.1, if its a fake, it wont work
    and no, you shouldnt get a fake supercard, there is no clones made of it yet. I believe acekard was making clones of their cards, i dont know why, they even make the R4 Ultra (i think it is) which is an acekard clone, so there is a chance you got a fake acekard because of that

3. archlvt

Akaio does work, but it regularly corrupts and deletes my savegames. So I'm forced to use the official firmware.

4. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

There are plenty of posts/tutorials advising where to get an Acecard-so why did you get a fake one from a mickey mouse supplier.

If you dont follow peoples advice on here then thats your lookout pal.....

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

if akaio 1.7 and above works, then it is not a fake. it might just be a faulty card, i think you can send it back for a new one, try contacting with them and tell them your problem, because i bought an acekard from shoptemp aswell, and havent had a problem

6. archlvt

I DO follow people's advice on here, which is why I ended up with a fake. Almost every single person on this board says to go to shoptemp.com for flash carts. But I already said that, so maybe you should, you know, READ before you post.
    Post Merge: [time]1286285329[/time]
    I don't ever want to deal with an acekard again, this is what I get for buying cheap crap. Going with a DSTWO.