1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SNES Games

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by cowcat06, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cowcat06

cowcat06 Well-Known Member

I am using an R4 & Super Mario All Stars won't save my game progress. :'( How do I get it to save so that I can come back to where I left off later? & Also how do I get Yoshi's Island SNES to work on my R4? When I start it I get a white screen. & How do you get Mario Kart SNES & Kirby's Dream Land 3 to work? :'( & Kirby's Adventure NES won't save. How do I get it to save? :'(

2. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

always check the list of compatibility games with the emulator i belibe the proble is that the games are not compatible with your emulator

3. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Yoshi's Island won't work on your DS, because the emulator cannot emulate the added hardware that some games had.
    Mario Kart won't work either, similar reason.
    Kirby's Dream Land 3 also had added hardware that the SNEmulDS doesn't support.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=SNEmulDS_Compatibility_List

As far as Super Mario All Stars goes, I think the only game included in that one that actually saves is the Super Mario Brothers 3 game. The other games didn't have a save feature (pretty sure at least). The emulator may support save states that you could use though.

4. cowcat06

Super Mario 3 on All Stars does save when I complete a level on the map screen but when I turn back on the system after awhile the save has disappeared. All the Mario games on All Stars have saves but once again when I turn on my DS Lite back on it shows no save file where I have left off & I have to start all over again. How do you fix that? :'( I love Mario All Stars & I love playing it on my DS Lite but I'm annoyed it doesn't save anything. That's too bad for Yoshi's Island & Mario Kart & Kirby's Dream Land 3. Darn it. I'm waiting for Nintendo to release a handheld that will be backwards compatible which can play GB/GBC/GBA/SNES/NES games without any problems so you don't have to deal w/R4 type cards & Expansion Packs. I would buy it the minute it comes out. I hope they are working on a system like that as I speak! Hopefully it will be next after the stupid DSI XL.

5. TirithRR

I'm not sure why the emulator isn't saving that game. What version of SNemulDS are you using?

6. cowcat06

0.6 Is there a problem w/it or is there a better SNES emulator I need to use???

7. TirithRR

No, 0.6 seems to be the latest.
    http://www.snemul.com/ds/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.