1. This forum is in read-only mode.

snes games play on 3ds?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by survivordj, Jan 9, 2013.

1. survivordj

survivordj New Member

Hello, I recently read some old posts about SNES games working on the 3DS? Could anyone recommend a place to go for such a thing. Is it hard to set up on my flash cart? I have the gold one, and would love to play some old super games. What type of roms does it use? Any helpful information on the topic would be great! So if anyone could recommend a good emulator to run the on the 3ds and what type of roms or whatever they are called to play on them, It'd be great! Thanks to anyone that can help out!

2. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

Can't remember if there is a SNES emulator for 'other' carts...
    There is one for the DSTwo, but you'll need that flashcard. Sorry, but can't really help you about this. I'm not much of a console emulator kind of guy.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yes there is one for other carts, its called snemuds or somthing along those lines.

4. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Just place this on your flashcart:

http://www.snesds.com/snesds.htm

5. survivordj

survivordj New Member

Thank you guys! You made my day with this great news, I very much appreciate it! :D

So I don't need to worry about doing all this stuff? I can just add the file and go once I have some games added too? I'll get it downloaded and see what it says read me wise, I am bit confused on if I need to make a new file inside my flastcart for this, or just add it all where my ds games are? One last question if you could help with maybe, can I just use snes roms to play with, or do I need some other types for this?

NDS mods:
    Passme is the little device that allows you to play DS code from the GBA slot.
    We all know that, don't we?
    Wifime has the same function, the difference is that you send a code via WLAN to the DS. It's completely the same function like Passme, only that you don't need the device but a compatible WLAN card. But you are also able to send RSA signed data to the DS, but only official demos or minigames are signed, homebrew stuff isn't.
    Flashme is the firmware hack, that allows you do boot DS code via GBA slot WITHOUT anything and you are able to send data to the DS even if it's not RSA signed.

Thank you again for the help on this, I am very new to the whole flastcart thing.