1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Snes emulator

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by archlvt, Jun 9, 2010.

1. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I've put my lameboy and snes emulator on my acekard, and the lameboy wors fine (saving doesn't work, but save states do, I don't know if that's normal or not but I can live with it).

But when I load the snes emulator (SNESmulDS), it asks me to load a rom, but it's empty, even though I put secret of mana in there. I tried having secret of mana in the same folder as the emulator, and I tried having it right on the root of the card.

Do I need to convert the file or what? and it's the .smc file I'm using, which is the right file for snes9x so I dunno.

Any help would be great.

Aside from that, everything is working perfectly and I'm absolutely thrilled. Shame my headache is preventing me from weeping tears of joy lol.

2. Batman168

Batman168 Well-Known Member

Make a folder on the root titled 'SNES'
    put all of your roms in there

3. archlvt

Thanks it worked, but secret of mana runs like garbage :S Half the sound is distorted and a lot of he graphics are glitched to the point where I can barely see a lot of the things on the screen. I tried messing with the settings too and nothing made it any better. :(

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

The SNES emulators for DS aren't too great.

Check the compatibility list for games you can play.

5. youhave7days

youhave7days Active Member

i was wondering if i can play mario rpg legend of the seven stars?

6. archlvt

No, you can't. I did get secret of mana's graphics going a lot better thanks tot he compatibility list settings, but the sound is still awful, I don't know why the list says it's almost perfect. It's unbearable, the screeching.

7. Batman168

Batman168 Well-Known Member

Try messing with the "order"? of the layers, or w/e the things are called, that within the many options may sort out some graphics problems, but it's hard to know without research / knowing which layer is needing to be changed

8. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

Also, if you want to save in lameboy, just press 'X' after you save. Saving should work without save states if you do that.

9. archlvt

Well, in lameboy, whenever I load a game up, it just automatically loads my last save stats, it doesn't boot up the game like normal. So now I can't really go back and use real saves without deleting my state.

Besides, I don't trust pressing x. I would end up checking to see if the save really worked every time.

10. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

If you turn the game off without writing a state first, it will boot normally. Saving and pressing "X" has to have been the last thing you did.
    Trust me, it works. i've been using it on Pokemon Gold for a while now.

11. archlvt

Alright, it seems to work, I guess there's no harm in relying on it. The game doesn't feel so makeshift and ghetto when using real saves. Save stating on the ds made oracle of seasons and ages lose its nostalgia, I almost went back to playing it on a classic gba. The cartridges are pretty anyway. I miss cartridges :( so pleasing to the eye. Especially those two.

/reminiscing

12. xakota

xakota Well-Known Member

I still have my oracle of ages cartridge around here somewhere. But yeah, i know what you mean. I miss the GSC/RBY colored cartridges. They were just so cool.