1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SNES Controller Adapter not working

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by carlitoo, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carlitoo

carlitoo New Member

Hi all, I recently purchased a SNES Controller Adapter hoping to use my SNES controller with the SNES emulator as I hate using the keyboard.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SNES-CONTROLLER-ADAPTER-PC-USB-JOYPAD-SUPER-FAMICOM-SFC_W0QQitemZ370305360932QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxq20091213?IMSfp=TL091213017002r974

is what I bought. Yet when I use it with SNES9x or XSNESW neither emulator recognises the controller and it therefore seems like a waste of money.

Firstly is there anything that I actually need to do that may be preventing this from working and if not, are there any good alternatives out there that would work? I've selected the imput method as "use SNES Joypad" but nothing! I'd happily use a PS 1/2 controller or XBOX 2 controller if that would work on the SNES emulators....

Thank you.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Does windows recognize the joypad?

You might just need to map the keys to the inputs in the emulator control setup, just like you would with any joypad or keyboard.

3. carlitoo

carlitoo New Member

Thanks for the reply but I'm a real computer novice so have no idea how I would do that?

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Well, currently the only SNES emulator I have installed is ZSNES, in that emulator you go to Config -> Input Device and then just click on the input you want, and press the button you want it to be.
    Like this:
    [​IMG]
    I'd imagine the other emulators have similar configurations.

When you plug your controller into your computer, does windows recognize the device?

5. carlitoo

carlitoo New Member

Brilliant! Thank you so much. I know this probably seemed simple but to me it wasn't!! Works now, excellent. Happy new year! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.