1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SNEmulDS users wanted i need some help

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by bikeboy99, Jul 5, 2010.

1. bikeboy99

bikeboy99 Well-Known Member

i just downloaded it and how do i play the roms? i have some smc roms on there (SNES game file) and theres the 6 options i choose the load a rom square and then it comes up blank ,the NDS file for the emulator is in the same file as the games ( if that makes sense) so any help?

2. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

You can't play any games on it that had a special chip in the original cartridge. This includes Super Mario RPG.

3. bikeboy99

ummmmmm huh?

4. LuckyTrouble77

5. bikeboy99

no i cant even load them they dont even show up in the menu where you choose which game you want to play

6. LuckyTrouble77

First, get unchanged SNES ROM's. I forget what the ending should be, but it should be the same ROM's that ran well on SNESx9 (or w/e the PC emulator is). Now, start up SNEmulDS making sure all of your SNES ROM's are in one folder. Go to that folder and select the ROM's. Done.

7. bikeboy99

i did that and when i downloaded some games off this site i got about to 10 different smc files in it which one do i use or all of them?

8. LuckyTrouble77

Take all of those games and place them in a file named SNES for your convenience. Put the emulator and the configuration thing that came with it on the root of your card.

9. bikeboy99

i didnt get any configuration i only got the nds file

10. LuckyTrouble77

Get the latest version, v06a from http://www.snemul.com/ds/. The download is on the sidebar.

It should come with:

readme
    snemul.cfg
    SNEmulDS.nds

You want to put:

snemul.cfg
    SNEmulDS.nds

On the root of your card.

Your SNES ROM's should be put in a file called SNES. Try to load up a game that has good compatibility according to the first link I gave you a couple posts back. Let me know how it goes.

11. bikeboy99

hmph thanks worked like a charm