1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SMT Devil Survivor problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mogames, Apr 21, 2010.

1. mogames

mogames Member

I've tried searching but haven't found an answer. When I load up the game on Desemume, the opening works fine but after I hit start, nothing happens (black screen, no sound). Does anyone know how to fix this on desemu?

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Use No$gba instead,
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0tmrvozm0gm

As for DeSmuMe,
    Make sure you're using the latest version,0.9.5.
    www.desmume.org

3. mogames

mogames Member

Thank you. It is the latest version, that's what confuses me.

I know no$ would work but I'd like to have save states accessible, so I just wanted to see if i could get desemume to work. Anyone else have any ideas as to why this is happening?

4. meganova

The savestates on no$gba are not working properly,
    and it may be working if the next version comes out(which is not going to happen),
    so I suggest you to use DeSmuMe instead for that..

5. mogames

mogames Member

Yes, I understand that no$ doesn't support save states, thank you. That is why I am asking for help with making the game work on desemume.

6. meganova

So, have fun then. :)
    Using the savestates saves lots of time.

7. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Uh...Mega, that user said that s/he needs help on how to play it on DeSmuMe.
    Because he only get black screen after the opening.
    And s/he already use the 0.9.5 version.

8. mogames

mogames Member

Thank you GalihEB, that is exactly my situation/problem. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

9. meganova

I've tested it myself, didn't get any problem while using the 0.9.5.

and forgive me for my misunderstanding.

[EDIT]
    By the way, are you using x64 or x86?
    and which .exe did you use? the dev, nosse, or the actual one?

10. mogames

mogames Member

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Recap:
    1. I'm getting a black screen with no sound after pressing start for new game with SMT:DS in DesEmuMe.
    2. I'm trying to get it to work in this emulator (as opposed to No$gba). I am using version 0.9.5/nosse/x86.

11. meganova

Try using the actual one, which is 'DeSmuMe.exe'.
    You only need to use nosse2 if your computer doesn't support SSE2, which modern computer has.

12. mogames

mogames Member

I've tried both nosse and sse2, and I get the same result- black screen, no sound :(

13. meganova

Delete your desmume.ini file, any run the game using 'DeSmuME.exe'(not DeSmuME_dev.exe, or DeSmuME_nosse2.exe).

It should runs fine with the 0.9.5, since I'm using the same version as yours,
    and I've also runs the game on dev and nosse2, without any issue.

14. mogames

mogames Member

I did as you said, but I still have the same problem :( I even downloaded a fresh copy of the game and it still gives me the same problem.

Other games work fine, it's just this one that's giving me problems. I believe there's a cutscene or something that should come up right after you select new game, but I'm not getting it.

15. meganova

Try using different 3d renderer.
    Config -> 3d Settings

Set the render to Bilinear.
    View -> Render -> Bilinear

16. mogames

mogames Member

Hey mega, I decided to download the desemume again and just start fresh- and the game works now! I don't know what the problem was before, but thank you for sticking with me to help! I really appreciate it.

17. meganova

I believe your previous copy of desmume missing something, or perhaps a faulty one, or maybe it was the previous version.

Anyway, good to hear its finally working.