1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SMT Devil Survivor freezing problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by yatagarasu, Nov 25, 2011.

1. yatagarasu

yatagarasu Member

Hi. Sorry if such a topic exists, I did a search and it turned up nothing, sadly.
    The problem is, my SMT Devil Survivor started acting up when I used New Game plus. It works alright up until the party goes to Aoyama Cemetery, then there's an explosion scene, Yuzu screams, and in that moment the game freezes. The screen goes dark and the sound's all wonky, and soft-reset doesn't work.
    I thought it was a problem with new game plus and all and I tried starting a new game from scratch, and still faced the same problem. Toggling soft-reset on and off doesn't help.
    I don't remember if that game had AP in it, but if it did, my rom is patched, since I've beaten the game already before with no problems. The freezing started on replaying.
    I use r4 ds flashcard with latest wood r4 firmware downloaded from here.
    The savefile right before the Aoyama freeze if it is necessary, is on mediafire.com/?da13rlcik8aa17c

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

EDIT: Maybe backup and delate the save file, And restart again with fresh save

3. yatagarasu

yatagarasu Member

Gee, didn't think it could've been the savefile that got corrupt. Thanks, that really did help, I got past Aoyama and it's all right so far!