1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Smoothing?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Aldar, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Is there anyway to play a PS1 rom with the PS2 options turned on? (Faster Load Times, and the Polygon Smoothing)
    I Watch some videos on Youtube and see how much better the games look on PS2 and i really think there should be some way to do the same with an Emu.
    I Have ePSXe, PSXfin, and PCSX2 (can't get it to work right).

Help is appreciated.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There are some enhanced settings in ePSXe that can smooth graphics.
    Try this:
    http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sony/ps1/2007/08/enhance-ps1-graphics-with-the-best-epsxe-plugin-settings.html

3. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Definitely going to try this out.
    Does it matter much what CDrom plugin i use?
    Also i downloaded your Plugin Pack.

4. TirithRR

CD plugin doesn't matter, unless you use actual CDs (and even then... it doesn't really matter).

I always had loading time issues when playing my games from actual CDs on my computer. Like in Final Fantasy IX, any time I used magic during battle, there would be a slight pause before the action and my CD drive would speed up really fast like it was seeking info. So I just backup my games to an ISO if I want to play them on an emulator.

5. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Well i copied the settings on that image on the page you linked and it looks MUCH better, but i tried Bloody Roar 2 and Tekken 3 and they both get massive lag during loading and fights.
    I Tried Road Rash: Jailbreak though and it runs fine.
    Suggestions? (my PC isn't the best by any stretch, but it's better than recommended on pete's site.)

6. TirithRR

The more you do to the image, the more power required. Try toning down the settings and see if it helps the lag on the other games.

7. Aldar

Aldar Well-Known Member

Tried fiddling around with the settings and i have it working the best i think i can get it with my current video card.
    Thanks for the help.
    I Guess i need a new Video Card more than i realized. :)