1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Small issue with updating to AKAIO 1.7.1 on my Acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Double A, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Double A

Double A Member

Hi gaiez ;D

Ok, so last night I downloaded the file for AKAIO 1.7.1. I backed up and deleted the already-existing "__aio" folder that was on my SD card (AKAIO 1.7 files), and replaced it with the "__aio" folder that was in the AKAIO 1.7.1 file. I mean, that's pretty much all there is to updating it, right?

So then I played a game. That's when my Acekard 2i started throwing a tantrum, refusing to play any of my saved files, insisting on overwriting them with a brand new empty save. Indeed, when I hooked up my SD card to my computer and looked for the "GAME.NDS.SAV" file that belonged to the game I tried out, I found two for the same game.

I deleted the newer "GAME.NDS.SAV" file and completely got rid of the "___aio" folder that I downloaded with the AKAIO 1.7.1 files. I then reinstated the old "___aio" folder (the one that came with the original AKAIO 1.7 files) back to its original place on my SD card, so effectively it was as if I had never upgraded AKAIO to 1.7.1. And then my saves began working again.

I can hear you asking: "so what's wrong"?

I just need some incredibly detailed instructions (things go wrong without detail) on how to upgrade AKAIO from 1.7 to 1.7.1 without having my Acekard 2i overwrite my saves.

Much obliged, folks :)

2. CSL00

CSL00 Well-Known Member

Replace both _aio folder and akmenu4.nds, they seem the same but they were both updated, you might want to update the loaders as well while you are at it.