1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Slowdown and Sound issues when playing Tales of Hearts

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mr. E.M., Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. E.M.

Mr. E.M. New Member

Um, hello all.

I'm rather new to all this and such, but I was wondering whether anyone could help me with a few issues I'm having with playing Tales of Hearts (I'm using NO$GBA and NO$Zoomer).

Part of it lies with the sound of the game, which is extremely crackly and seems slowed down just a bit. I toyed with the EX a bit and found EX5 cleared quite a bit of it up, but it still remains crackly. Noise Supression doesn't seem to do much at all either. Is there something I can do for this or could it possibly just be that my computer isn't up to it.

The other bit is that the game seems slowed down just a bit. The opening and anime cutscenes seen so far are delayed as well as skipping with the audio. The game itself seems to work fine overall (no control or saving issues), but is a little slowed down with movements.

Basically, I'm wondering what I can do to make everything run more smoothly or if this is simply my computer's fault.

Thank you.

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

For no$gba use the 2.6a.
    I play that game using no$zoomer using Ex 0 only and having nor problem with the sound, the gameplay's also smooth.

Ex 5 makes the game having slowdowns so you shouldn't use it.

3. Mr. E.M.

Mr. E.M. New Member

Unfortunately, that didn't seem to do anything. The only function that appears to fix at least part of the sound or do anything at all is Ex 5 and things actually seem to move faster when I have it activated. I suppose it must be my computer or something unfortunately.

4. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Do you have a graphic card installed on your computer?

Have you use the Noise Suppression function more than once?

Check whether the OpenGL is enabled.(both settings)

5. Mr. E.M.

Mr. E.M. New Member

No, it appears that I do not. Likely explains the issues with the anime cutscenes and such I suppose.

Yes, I've used it several times in succession. It doesn't really seem to do anything at all, which seems strange.

Yes, OpenGL and Sync are the ones being used in that regard.

The speed in regards to gameplay actually seems fine. Not optimal I think, but more than good enough. Voiced scenes for the most part sound fine as does music at times, though there is still plenty of static. I suppose it probably just is this computer in the end.

6. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

If you don't have a graphic card, then that the reason why you got a delayed and skipping/crackled audio,
    That happened to me when I'm playing certain games(rune factory for example) that have opening scenes on
    my computer that have no graphic card installed.

But, after switch to a computer that have graphic card installed, that's solved the problem.
    Anyway, if you can at least play it, and don't care about the scenes and all that,
    that's should not be a major problem.
    I managed to finished Rune Factory by going through all the laggy/sound problems.

By the way, try switch to no cash render for both no$gba and no$zoomer settings.
    Maybe that speeds up the game a bit.

7. Mr. E.M.

Mr. E.M. New Member

Well, it wouldn't be too much of a hassle to switch it I suppose. Though for the initial playthrough this time around I'll just stick with the computer I'm using. I can probably find the scenes on Youtube or something if I want and the audio is something I can bear with.

I'll try that then.

Thanks for the help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.