1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SLOW!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Peter AAAA, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Peter AAAA

Peter AAAA New Member

please fix download speed. Im downloading at speed 13 kb/sec as a premium member!!!

Please improve or repay

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

There is nothing wrong with our servers, download speeds are limited by your internet connection. Premium membership only removes the artificial limit we impose on normal members, you are nowhere near that limit. Since it is your connection at fault, there is nothing we can do about it.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I will only join preium when my net speeds (of your range) improve.

My net goes as fast as regular member speeds, preium won't speed me up, so prehaps find out your max net speed and try again.

4. sWaH81

sWaH81 New Member

i too have been experiencing a very poor downloading speed from the site and i have premium membership as well. my entire home is running on att uverse high speed internet, so it is the website that is bad and not users computers. i paid for premium and my download is horrible, so please. can somebody do something about it, or give me my money back and i will find another way to get my roms...

5. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

What is your net speed?
    http://www.speedtest.net/

6. abiyo

abiyo Well-Known Member

you want to know what is my downloading speed?..it was 1.2~3.0kb/sec..very sad.. :'(

7. Fragata

Fragata Well-Known Member

Jeesh guys, calm down. RomU already offers you so much. Of the how many thousand people on RomU there are like three people complaining. So it is obviously something on your side, maybe too far away from the servers or a family member on fb, I dont really care just stop complaining

8. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

would the complainants please try and test their net speed?

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It's perfectly fine to complain if something isn't working. However, I would appreciate if people would work with me to figure out why things aren't working.

10. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

The website is on multiple GIGABIT lines. That is way more than any home internet connection can handle. If it is not the end users computer or internet, it is the quality or length of the route between them and our server, which is again, outside of our control. We need speedtests and traceroutes if we're going to have any chance of getting anywhere with this.

11. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

Same too me. I know these problems some of the Users above got. I got a very stable UMTS-connection, so each and every Download is around 40-45 kb/s - but with most downloads here on Romu I`m reduced to 5/6 kb/s. And it doesn`t depend on my connection, since I can go somewhere else and make a download with my bloody rest of 35-40 kb/s, while Romu`s still feeding my Computer with this obligatory 5/6 kb/s.

12. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

There is a test download page where you can see what speeds you get on a premium connection. This is so you can test your full speed to the server, since there is quite some distance and different routers, etc, between the user and the server.

13. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

I'm a non-paying member, but I get about 250kb/s on the European server (I'm in the UK). So RomU obviously isn't at fault.

14. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

[​IMG]

yay me...if had the cash i would become a premium member...