1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Slipknot Bassist found dead in hotel

Discussion in 'General News' started by mds64, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertainment/1057014/slipknot-bassist-found-dead-in-hotel/?rss=yes

Another child without a father...sad...

What's worse, he's from slipknot, sure there is enough guys in the group to ether replace or make up for the loss...but still, death is death...

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

The emos are going to have a field day with this.

3. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Yeah I know...let's hoe none of them actually kill themselves...or annoy me with it.

[me=hYpNoS]is emo and knows more emo people, which is annoying especially to him[/me]

4. Suiseiseki

What? Hope they don't kill themselves? Why not? That is both highly likely as well as desirable.

5. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

isn't that what emo's do?
    but its bad news, i like slipknot. I hope they can continue making good music

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Because not all are attention seekers...they just relieve pain (metally) with pain.

I can't for the life of me DO what they do, but still...I'll make them stop...

Agreed.

SLIPKNOT=F***ING AWESOME!

7. thricee

thricee Well-Known Member

i think suiseki should stop being such an a$$ and get over with it...why hate the emos they are just going through a phase in their lives dont expect them to be emo when they hit late 30s...anyway back to the tip....R.I.P paul :(

8. nemesis11

nemesis11 Well-Known Member

This is madness!!! Every band i really like had a member that died,cliff burton was a bassist and died,mike alexander was a bassist and died,and now this wtf is going on!!!

9. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Patton will be upset, he knew the guy.

10. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Wow...Poor Patton...

Death binds us all...least we forget...

11. Reider

Reider Modereider

Well, that sucks. Their last CD was actually pretty good so this is rather disappointing. =/

12. m64m

m64m Well-Known Member

wow, first The Rev, then Dio, and now Paul Gray. This year sucks.

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Hmmm...
    Sad for the child, but I never listened to SlipKnot at all. So I dunno how they sound.
    It's unfortunate, but it happens all the time. :p

Dio...I'll miss that guy... :'(

14. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Now this just fucking sucks!

15. nu885

nu885 Well-Known Member

hopefully this unfortunate event will finally kill off the band since they've sucked uber bad since they released "IOWA" i feel bad for the guy's family i wouldve let them kill my dad instead :D

16. thricee

people without a taste in music...oh well thats haters for you xD
    go listen to lady gaga or something...RIP PAUL 25/5/2010 x.x

17. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

this sux, they where an awsome band, but its not as a bad loss for slipknot as cliff to metallica or the rev to A7X

[​IMG]

18. Suiseiseki

>implying that's a healthy, normal way to deal with mental stress
    >implying it's acceptable to engage in self harm
    >implying self-harm isn't simply a repressed need for attention and a sense of self-worth manifesting by creating visible signs of need

I hate emos because they have such a juvenile way of expressing their subconscious need for attention. "I'm strong because I can take the physical pain" is just pathetic, as is "maybe if I hurt myself someone will come and show me that they care enough to try and stop me from doing it, thus validating my sense of self-worth" - which tends to become a pattern of self-destructive behaviour since if it works once it will become ingrained as a method of getting that emotional support.

19. thricee

just so you know not ALL emos do this...the ones that actually do this are the ones that cry for attention and in the end its them making a bad name for all the other so called emos...so to sum it up dont hate them all and put them in the same racist belief...some of them are actually that retarded to do what you said but most of them are harmless and just revolving..;)

20. Xynche

Xynche Well-Known Member

Lol, everyone's hatin' on emos.

It's pretty sad though, I'm a bassist and Paul was one of my insperations. I've loved him ever since I heard their song "Do Nothing/B*tchslap"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.