1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Skyward Sword - possible glitch that prevents storyline from proceeding

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by toffster92, Nov 25, 2011.

1. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Before I begin, let me just warn you readers that this contains spoilers for those not far enough into the game.

I have a huge problem with the game right now.
    Basically, for the Hero Song Quest, they say that you can start in any province you want. I started at Eldin Volcano (where you get trapped by the Bokoblins)
    and then moved on to Lanayru Gorge (where you have to heal the Thunder Dragon)

Now whenever I descend into Faron Woods, Fi says that there is an unusual phenomenon and I can only descend near the Sealed Temple. But when I do, nothing happens! I read somewhere that you were supposed to fight the Imprisoned for the third time but no matter what I try, the event does not trigger and the gate leading out into the woods is still closed! What should I do? Is this a bug or glitch? I really don't want to redo 51 hours of the game because I started this quest wrong.

Also, the sidequest for Instructor Owlan, where you have to find a new plant species, is still registered in my dowsing targets. Is this affecting the game somehow?

EDIT:

Also, I have tried every possible combination of triggers I could think of and still nothing!

- I tried descending at the front of the temple, enter it and leave the same way
    - I tried descending behind the temple, enter it, and leave the front way.
    - I tried descending at the front of the temple, enter the area behind the temple using the log, enter the temple and leave through the front.

And in all instances I talked to old Impa and Groose whenever I'm in the temple.

One thing that is bothering me and may be the actual cause of all this is that, when I was doing the sidequest to heal the Thunder Dragon, I had to descend into Faron woods (to plant the seedling) and that was when Fi mentioned the unusual phenomenon. I'm thinking, maybe I already tripped the trigger for the fight? But then, because I was still doing the quest for the Thunder Dragon, maybe it was overridden or something.

2. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

This is why I have hacked my wii and sometimes dump my save file form my hard drive to my sd.
    Also this sounds a lot like Metroid Wii.

Anyways, sure you tried everything?

3. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Check out this walkthrough and see if there is absolutely anything you may have forgotten:
    http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda14-skyward-sword-walkthrough-15.php#C15_2

Indeed, events were supposed to go as you described them. For some reason they have not. Now it's a good time to double check that walkthrough and see if there is absolutely anything you may have forgotten to do.

4. toffster92

I'm pretty sure I've done everything possible up to this point. The walkthrough specifies that Faron Woods be done first, but there are plenty of other walkthroughs, comments and videos that suggest that the order does not matter. I can even confirm that entering Faron Woods during the Thunder Dragon sidequest won't affect anything (confirmed through videos). So now, I'm left to the conlusion that 1.) The game has glitched up somehow or 2.) The sidequest involving the new plant species has affected the flow of the game and probably messing it up in the process.

5. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

In case you havnt release, this glitch is well known (now) and doing the thunder temple or whatever first means you can't trigger the other two :(

6. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Sounds a lot like Saints Row 2 for the 360 as well.

7. Jonez001

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1cH5UoPUvM&feature=g-u

8. toffster92

I discovered this glitch before it was cool.

9. lewis9191

Nintendo even said they can't do anything apart from send out email to owners.

10. Jonez001

It would be painful that you get this glitch twice...

11. lewis9191

How could you be that stupid ?

12. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

God damn Nintendo

Release high profile release

Have an issue which prevents people from completing the story in that high profile release

can't fix said issue

Go Nintendo

13. toffster92

Ok... NOW they decide to send out e-mails... when was this when I was missing classes just to re-do all of my hard work?

14. lewis9191

Well obviously they have to do proper testing and comfirmation before sending out mass e-mails. The next zelda game have a game breaking bug is not something you want to admit if its just happens sometimes.

Its a shame that they said they something on the line of, they hate dlc since they when they release their games they are fully complete or proud off...

15. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

And so i become less excited about SS -_-, really a game breaking glitch? lets hope that some one finds a way to glitch this glitch so you can go on, or as an alternative have a backup save.

16. Jonez001

Stop it about a ''gamebraking glitch''. It is not that Nintendo left this glitch just for sh¨ts and giggles.
    I found it really disappointing that friends of me said that the glitch is the main reason why the don't buy the game.

17. lewis9191

The glitch is easily avoided. I don't own SS but have read about it, as long as you do the other two temples before thunder its a perfect game.

If you don't buy this game just because their is a glitch which prevents you from completing is just stupid. Even more now when its clear what causes it. Plus the glitch is game breaking since it stop the user from continuing.

18. Duncan Idaho

i remember reading somewhere that the launch date was about december january,the game was launched on november, it was a bit rushed, i own the game, and it's a game breaking bug since it wont let you progress, and the wm+ detection is so easy that usually wont calibrate the wm+ correctly (*points to RS2 and it's hellish calibration to allow you to play*

19. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

If the calibration were hellish as you say they are in RS2, I probably wouldn't play it because it'd be too damn inconvenient every time I'd want to play it.

This is a moot point either way.

20. Duncan Idaho

for Rs2 it takes more time to get it passed rather than the one of SS, to resume, of each time i play RS2 it typically needs 30 mins before i get it calibrated as it should been done (i get the 1:1 action/movement) and no issues unless i run out of battery..., SS check goes trough in a bed that is unstable, not a stable and flat surface it's quite easy and the movement on the menu feels heavy and i need to re-do about 5 times until it gets it rigth.