1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Skylanders Swap Force portal compatibility question

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by mokrja, Sep 19, 2013.

1. mokrja

mokrja Active Member

I've done extensive Google-ing, but have been unable to find the answer...

Now, I know that the old Skylanders Spyro's Adventures and Skylanders Giants portals WILL NOT work with Skylanders Swap Force (for obvious reasons regarding the 'swap' ability tech upgrade).

My question is this... Is anyone able to confirm whether the new Skylanders Swap Force portal can be used with Skylanders Spyro's Adventures or Skylanders Giants. My plan is to (hopefully) completely do away with the old portal, rather than having two portals floating around.

Thanks! :D

2. mokrja

mokrja Active Member

Nothing?... Surely, someone must have some idea; something that they've heard or read somewhere?

I'm surprised that this particular 'portal compatibility' question doesn't appear to have previously been asked (or commented on).

Common guys (and girls)... Give me something... :)

3. mokrja

mokrja Active Member

The game has now been released, so I'll answer my own question (might help someone else).

I've received my copy of Skylanders Swap Force Dark Edition. I can confirm that the new portal is 100% compatible with the old games (Skylanders Spyro's Adventures and Skylanders Giants).

Also, I can also confirm that the new Series 3 Repose Skylanders are very much compatible with the old games, but they do not retail their new poses or colours in-game (as we expected, obviously due to not being programmed into the old games).

Interestingly, Series 3 Dark Ninja Stealth Elf and Series 3 Dark Mega Ram Spyro show up in Skylanders Giants as 'Special' characters when placed on the portal, and so are called 'Special Series 2 Stealth Elf' and 'Special Series 2 Spyro' (as Series 3 doesn't exist in the world of Skylanders Giants). They keep their old in-game colours.