1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Skipping/Dancing Pad = Calories Burned?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by rpgirl, Feb 12, 2010.

1. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I am just curious since I do a lot of skipping, say around 2000 times a day which takes up about half an hour, does it burn much calories? I am also doing walks 30 mins every day. ;D Although yes I do spend a lot of time sitting down grinding games, are my exercises enough to say the least?

What about Dance Dance Rev, is that considered an exercise alternative to other sports?

:D :p

2. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

DDR is something of an exercise, but I wouldn't recommend relying on it solely. Go running or walking or whatever as well, since DDR only works a few muscle groups. Same with skipping - you'll burn off a moderate amount of energy but it's best to have some variance.

3. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

LOL...alright I'll keep that in mind but I did lose 15kg off with the dance dance revolution. I guess I need to ton up some muscles but not too much as girls with muscles, well, it isn't nice:)

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I bet if you play DDR & its other clones on the highest, fastest & most insane levels you can burn a lot of Calories, but still as Suiseiseki says, it's better if you have a workout routine that you, your Physician & a fitness expert designed specifically for your built, needs & capabilities.

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Play DDR on the hardest level, you will get a great work out XD

6. kanakacheek

kanakacheek Well-Known Member

I've seen some people dance at those levels...it's freakishly tiring. I've tried a few boss sons but gave up halfway, I get too tired.

But obviously you need to have variety because DDR doesn't get overall body workout.

Swimming is the best because it doesn't give stress to knees but also exercising a variety of muscle groups. Plus swimming is fun :)

7. Mein

Mein Well-Known Member

Well, although i rarely exercise. :p
    Sometimes i do cycling, walking, swimming(rarest) and play that games....
    Walking is better that running(just walk a little faster than normal walk).
    Because walking, cycling, swimming, etc. help train your heart.

8. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

i do about 30 mins running/skipping or rowing plus 30 mins on heavy bag everyday and my fitness is good enough for competition so i would say your ok with what you do

9. rpgirl

rpgirl Well-Known Member

I guess something is better than nothing, I'd love to improve on my fitness level though. Thanks for the info people:)

10. k9112009

k9112009 Well-Known Member

I lost 30 or so pounds on dance dance rev but stick to regular workouts as much as possible.