1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Skins/themes

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by juzzy01, Apr 3, 2010.

1. juzzy01

juzzy01 Well-Known Member

Hey, I want to put different skins/themes on my R4 for the menu screen
    but whenever i download them and extract them and put them onto the system
    file on my DS, it stuffs up and ends up with these fuzzie colours all over the screen.
    Any help?

2. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

Go to the place where your original skin is in your SD card.
    Then REPLACE it with the new skin files.
    It should work then.

3. juzzy01

And Where would that be?

4. tehuber1337

tehuber1337 Well-Known Member

X:\_system_\themes\themexx

Where xx represents a two digit integer from 00 to 12.

5. juzzy01

Okay, thanks!
    I will give it a try.

6. -Jad

-Jad Member

When I say this I suddenly wanted to change my theme on my R4, but I don't know how or where to. I'm on a laptop with Windowsxp, and i copyed and pasted the link into my documents and nothing came up.. Help!

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

That link, is just a folder link. X:\_system_\themes\themexx X: is meant to represent your MicroSD drive when connected to your Computer.

Basically, there is a folder in your _system_ folder called Themes. And inside that are 12 themes, in folders Theme01 thru Theme12. Just replace the files in those theme folders with the files of the skin you want to use.

8. -Jad

-Jad Member

I deleted my system folder because it was pissing me off :/ how can I get it back? or get a new one?..

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

If you deleted your _system_ folder then your R4 won't work. That's the firmware files.
    You'll have to redownload the firmware, for which ever version of the R4 you have
    www.linfoxdomain.com/ds

10. -Jad

-Jad Member

Erm, in my micro sd card there are folders saying: NDS GAMES, pictures, sounds, system ( It only has a urs.cheat folder and a Black eyed pee's song :S Don't have a clue how it got there..), Videos, _DS_MENU.DAT, _DS_MENU.SYS, _DS_MSHL.NDS, SThumbDB.tdb. that's about it..

11. juzzy01

It still doesn't work!!!!

If you can tell me how to add a picture on here then i'll show you what it looks like!
    Post Merge: [time]1270432548[/time]
    oh and where did u get your skins cause maybe the ones i've been using are duds

12. firefoxx22

firefoxx22 Well-Known Member