1. This forum is in read-only mode.

site poll

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kingofgamemasters777, Mar 14, 2008.

?

how many of you would like to have other sites RSS feed show up in your RomUlation home

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kingofgamemasters777

kingofgamemasters777 Well-Known Member

hello I'm doing a poll how many of you would like to have custom rss on your user home page

the poll will go on for about a month from today and then i will send the results to seph

Admin Edit: Added Seph's explanation of RSS so more people are likely to make an informed vote.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Well why don't you add a poll? Make it easier.

3. kingofgamemasters777

well i dont know how i did not see eney thang about a poll can you tell me how and how to delete this so it wont be dubbel posting?

4. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

kingofgamemasters777, this is your third warning. Stop using internet shorthand.

5. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Just add a poll to the thread. There should be a button labeled "Add Poll" near the bottom of a thread.

6. kingofgamemasters777

sorry i modified it at the last second do you mean the u(im not trying to use shorthand) or not putting ' in dont and stuff like that

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I suggest you be a bit more specific about 'custom' rss feeds. Giving an example or two never hurts.

8. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Having other sites RSS feed show up in your RomUlation home.

9. kingofgamemasters777

okey this post had like 35 viewers on it and like none of them voted please vote ;D i guse you dont have to but it would be nice

10. rorybob

rorybob Well-Known Member

I votedno because i always thought RSS feeds were pointless, but no-ones really explained the point of them to me...

11. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

I think its useless to have an RSS Reader on RomUlation. You can just use the built in one in Firefox or that one on Google.

12. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

RSS feeds are a brilliant way to transfer and aggregate information, with a RSS reader site you can have information from various sites combined in one place, like you can include the RomUlation RSS feed in iGoogle along with your local news station feed, that way if you want to check if there's a new release and if there's any interesting news then you just check your iGoogle account.

But I agree with B2K, RomUlation isn't meant to be a place where users gather all their feeds and such.

13. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I agree. RomUlation is a place for gaming enthusiasts, not a place to set up your personal homepage with RSS feeds (though it would be an interesting feature). I don't think I'd use it though I'm remaining neutral on this one.