1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Site Idea - Old Game Speedruns And High Scores

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by idpaul, Jul 9, 2008.

1. idpaul

idpaul Active Member

This site needs High Scores & Speed Runs where players can win prizes (or points)

people could upload videos and pictures to the site
    and thered be a judge judgeing

i would wanna see users brag about the amount of coins they have in total for each level on super mario 64
    or fastest time on mario carts 64

visualboy advance allows avi recording
    and most other emulators allow print screening

let me know what you think im not much good at using forums but still a good idea

2. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

We have alot of those topics eg. fastest ever game completion.

3. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

But what if someone, like myself, use cheats to get max whatever? Naturally that won't count, so what's stopping anyone to post a "brag video clip or photo" of something they used cheats on.

Like your example, as soon as I got enough Power Stars on Super Mario 64 (80 to be exact), enough to enter the last chamber leading to Bowser & beating the game once, I just use a cheat that gave me all 120 stars & 100 coins on all stages.

Although there are several awesome brag videos in youtube where people beat Super Mario Bros. games in a few minutes.

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

It's a bit outside our niche I'd say. When we evolve RomUlation from ROMs I don't think we will go in the speed runs direction.

5. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

As far as I can see, Graphics/Video editing pros could get what they wanted without cheating or making an effort.

6. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

That's why a video would suffice.

7. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

lol was that aimed at me?

but yeah its much too easy to cheat and edit. If you can upload a home video of the score or run to show you doing it on an original console, then perhaps it would be legit :)

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I can fake a video just as easily as you can fake a screenshot. Wanna team up? :p

9. idpaul

idpaul Active Member

we need a clever judge that will judge the games and make sure that no one is cheatting and if it goes out on the web then the rest of the world can judge and check for cheating

report cheating hyperlink would appear beside the video and anyone who prank reports will get immidiate removal of there account

taking a snapshot of the mario 64 coins stat will not work but if they provide a video of them getting every coin for a certain level and then a small picture of the level and the coins beside it that would work

10. idpaul

idpaul Active Member

iam also thinking each user can have a folder to store there game videos

it could also include comedy videos has anyone seen mario 64 bloopers on youtube

11. waylonn

waylonn Well-Known Member

The server has to remain payable? ::)

12. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

While it would be within our limits it is not the direction we want to take the site in at the moment.

13. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I would think you would need to pay a monthly fee or something..

14. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

yeah that's a lot of space if every romulation member had their own place to store videos.

you can't just post them on youtube and then post the link to the video?