1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sincere Thanks to Romulation and Community

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by citty63, Dec 1, 2009.

1. citty63

citty63 Member

Just wanted to send a 'Thank You" out to those at Romulation for everything they do. Im a single Mum who is blessed with 2 great kids who love their Nintendo DS. Here in Aust., games for these consoles can cost $70+ so being able to try the games before we buy them is such a great help to us. I only work part time, so the children save their pocket money for their games and it saves a lot of disappointment if they know they'll like the game before they purchase it.

2. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

Glad to hear Romulation has helped you out :) It's also helped me out so much!

Coincidentally you remind me a lot of my mother who is also a single mother and living in Australia LOL

We do the same thing and I can't thank Romulation enough. Games here in Australia are a total ripoff, and sites like Romulation give us the chance to save up to $70 a game...on what we'd normally think was a great game.

I've saved so much money on that fact I don't buy expensive and crap games. The games that I've downloaded and enjoyed, I've bought the game to respect the developers that put the time into making it.

3. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

Sounds like Australia has a crappy games market. Have you considered importing games from the US or Europe? The DS Phat and Lite are region-free.

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

The games market in Oceania isn't as bad as you'd expect, but it's fairly expensive to buy a DS game. Hence why I got my R4.

5. sexywogboy

sexywogboy Well-Known Member

We still get all the great games. It's just more expensive then it normally would be.

In the USA, Assasin's Creed 2 for PS3 sells for $59.99 USD at EBGames. In Australia Assasin's Creed sells for $108.00 AUD.

Now here are the calculations. $59.99 USD=$65.80 AUD. and $108.00 AUD=$98.4576 USD. Do you see how much we pay, that we're actually not supposed to be paying?

That means if an American came to Australia and bought Assasin's Creed 2 for PS3 here in Australia, it would cost them about $30 USD more then it would if it was bought in their own country.

Every new release PS3/360 game in Australia should cost about $65-70 AUD. Instead most people here pay a ridiculous price of $120 for a new release PS3/360 game. WHAT A JOKE!

I just needed to show other forumers here with what Australia has to deal with when it comes to prices of games. I certainly know there are countries worse off, but I expect better from a country that rates itself so high in the Western World.

6. citty63

citty63 Member

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one around who thinks games are a little overpriced here in Oz. Thanks for the comparison in prices @Raysie, I'd always heard that we paid top dollar. In their defence, EB Games will allow you to return a game for exchange (up to and including equal value of crappy game) within 7 days- but try explaining that to a kid who may have saved for months for that crappy game!! Now my children can try the game and if they really like it, they save half the cost of the game and I chip in the rest. It's also a great incentive for them to save faster if they know the game is gonna be worth it. Once again-Thanks Romulation :)