1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Silvertie's Portfolio

Discussion in 'Portfolios' started by Silvertie, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Silvertie

Silvertie Well-Known Member

Preamble
    You are looking at the portfolio of one Silvertie; a man who likes to change the appearance of anything he looks at almost on a daily basis (that's my wallpaper; sigs and avatars tend to last a little longer). This portfolio will look mostly at the sigs and avatars.

Why post this now? Well, looking at some of the other portfolos here, I look at them and say "This doesn't look so hard. I can portfolio too!" Of course... I say this about everything that looks awesome and turns out to be somewhat difficult, so we'll see, won't we?

What's shown here is the "published" versions; the source copies are all in .png, larger, sometimes higher resolution, (and in the case of the avatars, about 6-7 times larger.) I won't release those, because:
    a) the difference is neglible
    b) I'm not re-uploading all of it
    c) I'm paranoid about uploading source

Other than that, enjoy and give feedback.

With each iteration of the "Silvertie", my shoopin' skills only get stronger.

"Vanilla" Silvertie
    [​IMG]
    I like my basic avatar. This avatar I made from a very basic wallpaper, and I'd like to think the picture speaks volumes about me... or a 1000-word short story, anyway. It is also the basis for any variants.

"Santa" Silvertie
    [​IMG]
    'Tis the season to be jolly. I've traded his gun in for a hat and present sack. I would also do a bell, but bells are hard to draw without any sort of stylus or something. The first and one of the best variants I've done, ever.

"Party" Silvertie
    [​IMG]
    A generic "party mode" for my avatar. I'll proably pull this out for any party or event that doesn't already have a specific custom avatar.

Sigs - SOTW
    Sigs I've made in attempts to secure a place in the SOTW hall of fame. You can also see how I've improved somewhat over time. I'll be honest - Pictures say a thousand words. Every entry up to #27 pretty much says "attention seeker" 500 times each. Those were dark days.

SOTW 21
    [​IMG]
    My first ever attempt at SOTW. Since I lacked talent, I went for crude humor. This was back in the day when Equitypetey gave out renders for us to use, not themes.

SOTW 22
    [​IMG]
    The render given this week was a hard one for me to work into anything. Subsequently, this sucked.

SOTW 26
    [​IMG]
    Huh, I think I skipped about 4 weeks of SOTW and took a break to do other things, I think. Anyway, when I came back, Equity had switched to themes, and it was freestyle. I am disappointed with my work here, I could have done much better than a simple picture and lame MGS reference.

SOTW 27
    [​IMG]
    This was the first week, I think, of the Console Titan-theme series, and it was Nintendo. I paid homage to the best FPS on NDS-Metroid Prime Hunters. Although, I'm not sure what happened to the picture; I actually had to dig through the archives and re-up this, it seems to have gone walkies; perhaps I never got around to submitting it... but I think I did.

SOTW 28
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, Equity decided to mix it up and throw random themes in between each console-based SOTW. This one was Halloween; and also the first time I think I displayed any sort of skill with my sig.

SOTW 31
    [​IMG]
    I skipped 29 and 30 because they were sony and pop art respectively (things I just couldn't do) but I returned for 31 with this; my best sig to date, IMO. (Microsoft console theme)

SOTW 32
    [​IMG]
    Ah, this was definitely a rush job. If I recall, the deadline was two days past and only one competitor had submitted, so I threw mine in as the thread was not locked. 10 minutes in fireworks, definitely not a contender for "best work so far".

Please, any pointers from photoshop pros would be nice.