1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Silver DS Lite

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by timmy1991, Sep 21, 2009.

1. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

So the right hinge of my Onyx Lite cracked a while back, and I just now have the spare cash to buy a new DS. I opted for the shiny new Silver DS Lite, and was just wondering if the newer Silver one will break as easily as the onyx one. I'm not saying I'm gonna torture the poor thing, it's just the my onyx DS cracked for no apparent reason, and I want to know if the silver one could do the same.

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

They wouldn't have differences in quality (lesser anyway). Just take good care of it.

3. timmy1991

Hoped it would be somewhat better... seeing as how my black one broke for no reason at all, treated it very nicely

4. Shiokazu

Shiokazu Well-Known Member

uh... go slow with this bro. glad you have a DS not a PSP,they're usualy REEAAALY fragile.

you know,tips here:

How to take good care of your NDS with Shio.

1- theres always a good place on your room to place your DS,remenber its better to place it next the computer,the reasons are:

* its easyer to find
    * its near the computer so,whenever you want to update your flashcard or recharge it,the computer desk always have those services ready for you.
    *normaly the computer desk is a mess,but if you place it next the keyboard,it will never get lost
    *the risk there is low,just keep on the mind of everyone at your house that the thing is a video game,and its yours.
    *also,low humidity

if you doesnt have a computer in your room,place it somewhere near your bed,or,inside your wardrobe.

2- when going out with your DS try to put a waist in it,the way its harder to fall,the styllus need to be ALWAYS tight in your hand,dont let it fall,if you're in a bus,train or something else,try to not play action games that use the styllus,its easier to lose it this way. if there's any type of functionality that you can use your fingers instead a styllus,then do it,remenber,its better to just clean your screen than have to buy another styllus(or use the emergency one)
    keep distance from water sources,ALWAYS. put your DS on the same pocket as your cellphone. if your cellphone can resist,your ds will.(they're usualy tougher than the phones)

3- treat your DS well,try to not be too enthusiastic with a game,seriously, go easy with everything,because,its a handheld you will always have time to play.

4- never play it to the bateries death,i know some people says its just a supertition,but,turn the DS off when the green light turns red. its better for you,and for your DS too.

5- the lite is quite fragile,the buttons are as well,so,try to not smash then with all your might,it'll wont work,it will never work.

6- use the a pellicle to protect the touchscreen,anything that looks like the hori pellicle goes.

uh... i believe thats all,if you follow some of those tips i think that your new ds will last longer

5. timmy1991

a very nice tutorial on keeping a DS in tip-top shape, thanks.

I already do some of those things: the desk thing, turning it off when it turns red, no stylus use in transit. I have also ordered some screen protectors and a polycarbonate case a few days ago, should be here in a few days. Also I'm the only person who uses this DS, since my sister and brother-in-law both have their own, and I shoved the cracked one onto my other brother.

6. Shiokazu

i put a stripe on mu styllus,it looks odd sometimes,but,thats a good way to keep your styllus with you whatever happens

7. timmy1991

Yeah, I suppose that's another good idea

8. that3d-trapezoid

that3d-trapezoid Well-Known Member

I've been wanting to do that for a while now. I've lost my first stylus already and I don't want to lost my second and LAST black stylus.
    How do you do that? Does the strap connect between your DS and stylus or what?

9. Shiokazu

its just a strap,i put it on the upper hole of the styllus,then i attach it to my hands.,you can also attach it to your ds the same way you do with a common stripe,just use the imagination and everything goes.

i use a common cellphone stripe. but i guess that anything goes there

10. naruto6768

naruto6768 Well-Known Member

I have a black and silver one i build buy a protection case mines the
    mega man starforce 3 kit

11. timmy1991

I saw a Crimson and Black DS the other day... it looked pretty nice, the black is made so it won't leave fingerprints

12. Hardware

Hardware Guest

I didn't know they had silver DS lites

13. Shiokazu

^ yup they have,and also,they have lots of colors

mine actualy is a crimson black,isnt big deal,i mean,they are cool,but... the onyx is better!

14. Hardware

Hardware Guest

The only colours that I have ever seen have been black, white, blue and a new Mario design.

15. timmy1991

The silver ones came out on Sept. 8th of last year.... but they came out for a short time before that with Guitar Hero World Tour. Apparently he Silver one is to replace the Onyx DS

16. Hardware

Hardware Guest

Okay, I didn't realise.