1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Show/Hide tags.....

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ch2435, May 22, 2009.

1. ch2435

ch2435 Well-Known Member

Can't believe you don't have any...

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

if you mean a feature to add tags to games, we used to have one but it was removed due to lack of use/abuse.

3. ch2435

ch2435 Well-Known Member

No.... I mean, a forum tag.. Like [i­][/i­] but instead of [i­][­/i], have [hide­][/hide­] and when its used, a small button will appear that says "Show" and when you click it all the text in the hide tags will show and the button changes to "Hide" and blablablablab

EDIT:!:!:!:mad::mad:!#:
    Also a link back to the mainsite from the forums would be nice.. And the ability to delete your own posts...

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Those so you can hide the contents of a post if it's too large or spoiler etc.? SMF may perhaps have a mod for that. You should probably wait until the move to vBulletin though which has those tags by default (IIRC).

There is one. See "RomUlation" besides Logout at the top.

Won't happen. Would make topics impossible to read if a user decided to delete his/her post for any reason :)

5. ch2435

ch2435 Well-Known Member

About delete:
    Only the ability to delete your last post.

Good on ya for choosing to move to a better forum, TBH, this one isn't that great..

About show/hide:
    Just take a look at my art thread on droidz:
    http://droidz.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=28869
    See how nice and clean it is, makes everything much neater.

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

The move to vB Has probably been cancelled, vB isn't all it's made up to be, and since it's like $200 more expensive than this one (free) it probably won't happen.

7. ch2435

ch2435 Well-Known Member

How about PHPBB3? Its better then vB IMHO.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

phpBB has an appalling security record. We've yet to see evidence that phpBB3 is comparable to or better than SMF in security terms.

9. ch2435

ch2435 Well-Known Member

I haven't heard of anything wrong with phpBB since number 3 came out. The only major thing is that there is no extra security for mods+admins. In number 2 there was a massive amounts of security problems though..

10. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

We're still going to fix the forum though, SMF has a version 2 that is due to be released very soon and we will be updating to that.

11. ch2435

ch2435 Well-Known Member

Okay, sounds good to me! I'll let you know when I think of anything else ;­D