1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Should they close schools down again? 'Swine Flu'

Discussion in 'General News' started by Girate, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girate

Girate Guest

I think they should. At least it will help a bit and even better is u dont have to go to school.

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

No, that's stupid, H1N1 isn't even that serious.

Girate, why even make a topic like this?

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

Yeah.
    You spamming lots of new threads....-_-"

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

You just want out so you can keep making new threads eh ?

Look-all those who died are those in poor health-or with little immune system resistance...

5. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

Yes...yes he does.

on-topic: No, they shouldn't close school just because one person got H1N1.

6. asiandumbass

asiandumbass Active Member

The swine flu is stupid. It is just the flu. It is no different than any other flu you can get bird, swine or human, its all the same flu. (ok yes, its a variation, but they are the same danger level)

The media just over hype this way too much. Unless you are very young (like 3rd graders and down) or very old, you are probably not at risk of death at all.

7. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

ofcourse i need a break

but seriously no i think the human body cope up on it

8. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

but swine flu is deadly and cannot be controlled in some country

9. marzz92

marzz92 Well-Known Member

It is only deadly if you have other medical problems... If not, it is just like the normal flu

10. musiclegend14

musiclegend14 Well-Known Member

actually really old people have immunity to it because it resembles the 1918 flu and for some reason their bodies kept that flu's antibodies and it's helping them stay immune to the swine flu

they're doing a study in Michigan right now that's leading them to believe that it can be deadly for obese people as well. They had a study group of 10 people, 9 out of 10 were obese. 3 have died and none have recovered (but the obese people could also have underlying health issues because of obesity)

just like any other flu

11. kukuru

kukuru Well-Known Member

I said it because more than 50 people have been infected by the flu in my country :(

12. musiclegend14

1 million have been infected in America, but my sympathy if your country lacks good medical care

13. rebornalone

rebornalone Well-Known Member

I say no to closing the school because of H1N1 especially if there is only one person infected because if that would happen, the time of my semestral break or summer vacation would be shortened.

14. musiclegend14

the USA kind of got lucky, this is all going down when most of the schools here are on summer break, so we don't have to worry about it spreading through the schools. A kid at my school did get it though in April, but they just made him stay out of school...we have recycled air and none of the windows open at my school so it's a miracle the entire school wasn't infected.

15. Hypr

Hypr Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who realizes that a news article is missing?

People like you can benefit from staying in school. Your post shows that you need help with your grammar (some errors highlighted in red) and reasoning skills as you don't give an explanation of how 'it will help a bit'. Also, the phrase I just quoted from your post is vague in terms of how it would help.

16. musiclegend14

everyone's learned correct grammar...but the internet is teaching people slowly on how not to use it

17. Rayder

Rayder Well-Known Member

Close the schools down?! Heck no! In fact, I think they should make school year-round and keep the little bastards in there and only let them out at Summer break, which should not be more than 2 weeks max, and each major holiday would allow them 2 days at home max. And make all the teachers cops.

J/K....sort of.......actually, no I'm not kidding. ;)

18. musiclegend14

hateful

19. pinkypatwik143

pinkypatwik143 Well-Known Member

just pray not 2 get it

20. venomio

venomio Member

Well technically, you should listen to him. 'Arrogant' is the last thing I'd call Hypr. He may be an asshole sometimes though, but in a good way. If you would rather look stupid than an "arrogant asshole", you have sure done a good job there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.