1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Should there be something like a romulation Magazine?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CainMasters, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

Explanation: By magazine I do not necessarily mean the common magazine which has lots of pages and is officially sold at stores.(while anyone can reffer to this model if he/she wants to). As i have noticed there are already lots of reviews posted by members as well as there is a graphics section where one can make or discuss a cover. As for further content there maybe some news about the gaming world or about romulation.net and so on. All this put into a .doc or .pdf and be something downloadable from this site. This project would then require help of admins and members.

But then again its just an idea of mine. feel free to talk about my idea or post your own versions of the magazine or discuss wether romulation should have one or why it should not have one.

PS:I did look around the forums a bit but i did not find anything similar to my idea so if there already was a proposal of this kind then I am sorry for the interruption...

Cain M.

2. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Im all for this, I would personally take it up myself. Perhaps just an E-Magazine every month? Can include top rated new release games for the month, perhaps a review from the winner of review of the month, recent site updates and news and user submitted articles. As well as bits and perhaps a program of whats on this month for romulation radio. Perhaps 2,3-4 pages that can be sent out via email to subscribing members? PDF format im thinking. ill submit this to the mods section.

3. einherjar

einherjar Well-Known Member

It's a cool idea! I would gladly offer my help by writing an article or anything... I hope we can get this up 'n running!

4. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

I'll gladly offer help, but unfortunately, Features isn't my section in journalism, I'm head Sports Writer though....So I can make some articles about the contests

5. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

perhaps we might even be able to give points as a prize to user submitted articles that are published.

6. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Forget points, something more valuable :)

Joke lang, I'm all in for that, but not everyone uses their points

7. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

Or we could make an Editor club of some sort and where we could submit our articles or something else and they process it like a news paper or magazine

8. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Editor club.. We tried making a literary thread, but it was rejected

9. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Just what I have been thinking, but I thought of the magazine as an official one, although that would seem rather impossible.

But I'm in for this, and I'll give all the help you want.

10. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

everybody had to start from scratch so basicly it is not impossible that there will be an official one........in the far future that is.

11. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

throwing together a PS concept now...

12. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

quick concept :p

[​IMG]

13. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

That looks like a one page Jaryo, or Newletter (Really Newspaper...)

14. clyffe28

Will almo design the inner pages also?

15. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

thats the front cover...:| insides will be done also probably by me, and new cover each month. Will be set out like a proper magizine, so I guess if you wanted it printed then it could be done. Though just because I might controll the layout doesnt mean I controll the content. Plus I intend to have a team to help me.

16. clyffe28

So its possible to have a Editor team or something similar?

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

it depends if people think we can get enough content for a monthly magazine. If so, then its worth considering.

18. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Yes if it goes ahead then I will put a team together.

19. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

easily, I mean the review of the month will be about a page. then a page for the games released. A page for all the titbits. Perhaps an ask the editor/ask the admin page. Title and contents.... thats 6 pages so far.

20. clyffe28

User artworks maybe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.