1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Should The Site Include Emulators Too?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by EmuBoy, Aug 30, 2007.

?

should it?

1. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. EmuBoy

EmuBoy Well-Known Member

i been thinking if this site should have emulators in it or a list of compatibilties for roms like what rom runs in which emulator with what configuiration
    i dunno but i have trouble finding emulators that work wih the rom i want

2. dice

dice Active Member

the rom compatabilty list wouldn't be too bad an idea for those without a ds but hosting them would be pointless (considering how bad they are at this point in time). Hopefully things will improve enough for it to be worth it.

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Already exists and easily found using google, we'd just be working on stuff that's already done.

For emulators check the thread in Technical Help

4. ChibiGamer

ChibiGamer Well-Known Member

No it shouldn't.

They have an extensive list of ROMs for downloading that I imagine take up quite a bit of space.

They are really good at this.

Now if you added another type of thing for them to keep track of it would lessen the quality of what they are already good at because they wouldn't be able to spend the time they needed on that one thing.

It's sort of like an Ice Cream shop selling Burgers. They shouldn't. :)

5. Seph

Well we would make it a thing users had to add/update. Eventually everything but the top most admin things will be that. :)
    It's called web 2.0 collaboration, you do the work, I get the profit. :p

6. Dark Bishop

Dark Bishop Member

i like the way you think Seph less work for you giving you more time for what matters while maximising member input and giving all members a vested interest into the site, but back to the main idea emulators should not be added to the site because they are to an extreme unstable thus only going to add to complaints on this site though it would be obvious that complaints about unstable emulators should be given to the creator

7. ChibiGamer

Shhhh!

I was trying to throw them off how easy it would be :mad:

:D

8. Seph

A vote doesn't mean it's definitive, it's always good to know what people think though.

9. Reider

Reider Modereider

Problem being that you can click ALL 3 if you want :p

Didn't we usually just link people to www.emulator-zone.com for this?

10. Seph

We still do. :)

11. ChibiGamer

I still say No. :mad:

And Hugs. :)

12. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

Which clarifies my theory that Seph is indeed a greedy alien who invaded our planet and will soon leave with the cash.

13. EmuBoy

EmuBoy Well-Known Member

o well it was just a suggesttion afterall id dont really care of the results and oh yea the poll is for what people think of it ;)

14. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

15. Relys

Relys Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I always use.

16. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

No, they shouldn't. The website is RomUlation. Let's keep it simple and keep doing what's already done so well :) Doesn't mean the site shouldn't update and add new features, just that they should stay focused.

17. gam3r

gam3r Guest

No,
    Romulation is a, no, the greatest collection of roms.
    It doesn't need emulators.
    Besides, there are plenty of places with that available, they should just focus on what they are doing now, because that is working great! ;D ;D ;D

18. noobster

noobster Active Member

Yes, but they're already doing a great job on the rom. We can't expect them to do more work

19. Darkanik

Darkanik New Member

Emulators are ridiculously easy to find.
    Except NDS emulators.
    Which are failures atm.

Then, that's practically been said by all previous posts.

20. Warren_303

Warren_303 Well-Known Member

I think it would be coo, also if you guys can find someone who works on homebrew's.

I really got into the brews that brought back classic's like Doom and Quake and such.

http://www.jefklak.com/Main/Homebrew