1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Should RomU have a torrent section

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MitsukaiXxX, Feb 22, 2010.

?

Should RomU have a torrent section?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MitsukaiXxX

MitsukaiXxX Well-Known Member

RomU has a direct download,and a free host site section.

Both costs money to have at full speed.

But the 200kb a sec drives me fucking insane,and i dont have a lot of time to wait for downloads.

I'm a torrent based guy,and think seph should make a torrent section,where people who know how to use/like/prefer torrents.
    Obviously if you dont seed to the ratio of 1.1 then you get banned from using torrents.

And if a certain torrent dies,then it our own fault and loss, obviously no harm done we have to be stuck with 200kb a sec

I think it would be a great feature of romU and would make it a lot more flexable.

(if you dont agree please dont flame me or write pointless malicious crap about the idea)

Thanks

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

So basically you're complaining that you can't get your free illegal downloads faster?

I would hate to see you if you had to use Dial up

3. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

torrents download at a fraction of the speed for me so i have to vote no
    been waiting a week for 1.4gb to download with 10 seeds, if i had any other option i wouldnt use torrents

4. MitsukaiXxX

And you said no to faster downloads lol

I know were all grateful here for the games,but i prefer to do my stuf through torrents!?!
    Post Merge: [time]1266867717[/time]
    yeah but the games are what 180Mb max......

5. sylar1000

No, i said no to torrents :p, I;m fine with 200 KB/s a second, if you really want faster downloads on here so bad, buy premium

6. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Wrong section... You have been here long enough to know that, so thread moved.

As for voting no. There's no reason for end-users to vote no. It doesn't mean our download servers would go away.

As for admin reason, there are plenty, time being the biggest one of them.

7. MitsukaiXxX

what do you mean in that second line

And surley you could get some nice people to set it up for you :)

okay ,i get it lol :(
    just thought itd be a good idea,coz when i need batch games done fast(ecspecially big files) i use torrents :)

8. managod101

managod101 Well-Known Member

Torrents are gay and full of viruses so i think not. -_-

9. super_pastafari32

super_pastafari32 Well-Known Member

wow your statements are so solid °o° -> sarcasm

10. sylar1000

The ones i've used never had viruses in it, maybe you should find a better torrent place if all yours had viruses.

11. managod101

Whats so wrong with stating my own opinion?

12. super_pastafari32

I have nothing against you. but sole is that you should have stronger statements (the how and why, you know)

13. sylar1000

Well, your opinion is wrong, you're stating it as fact that all torrents contain viruses and are "gay", which, isn't a good use of the word, and is wrong in general, All the torrents i've used from various websites have been great, no viruses, fast download with a lot of seeds. Torrents are great if you can find huge file size ones with many seeds, makes downloading a snap.

14. managod101

So what if it's wrong, it's MY opinion anyways, so no point in getting all anal about it.

15. sylar1000

I'm not getting anal, you just ran in and posted your opinion as fact just because you had a bad experience with a torrent, while tons of other people have had no problems with them at all."u mad" at torrents lol.

16. super_pastafari32

incredible mature statements

17. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

umm... suggestion denied...

now can this be locked before a flame war erupts?

18. MitsukaiXxX

well you obviously dont have experiance in torrents.
    and how would .nds files have viruses.
    And why would seph put viruses in them :L(

19. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Well first of all it's completely bullshit. Torrents are not full of virus. It's just files, any .rar file you get from mega upload, rapidshare or any other random host/site can just as easily contain viruses.

But more importantly you use gay as a derogatory term, making you a total douche-bag. The only case where you may describe something as "gay" is when you mean happy and chipper.

20. sinharvest24

sinharvest24 Guest

say's seph-sama ::)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.