1. This forum is in read-only mode.

should nintendo re-create HALO DS?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Renji217, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

As many of you may or may not know that Nintendo was suppose to release a DS version of HALO. It was canceled for some reason eventhough it would have made millions in sales! I'd like to hear you're opinions about this because i personally want Nintendo to change their mind about this cancellation and put the game out in the market.
    ???(for those who don't know about this you can look at the preview of the "game" on gametrailers.com) ???

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It was cancelled for legal reasons regarding licensing.

3. conjy

conjy Well-Known Member

M$ didn't think it was a good idea.

4. Solus

Solus Well-Known Member

They should make it for PSP! With better graphics and an analog stick, it would rock!

5. conjy

conjy Well-Known Member

Again M$ wouldn't think of it as a good idea. Its their only "Mascot" for M$ gaming. I wouldn't want to give it to a rival company even if it would make money.

6. rounds25

rounds25 Well-Known Member

But now Bungie has broken off, so who knows? Although I doubt they'll pick it up.

7. mysticaloctopus

mysticaloctopus Well-Known Member

They'll have their claws in there somewhere. Non-competition agreements and suchlike.

8. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Code:
    isn't it obvious??... halo was, is and will be a money maker for microsoft... why give it to a rival company??... it could be the stupidest action by microsoft ever... it's not up to nintendo to want to make that game, it's up to microsoft to let that happen... if microsoft would ever give nintendo permission for that, nintendo wouldn't even think twice...

9. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Here, Apple Inc., have the rights to the Windows OS!

10. timothywong

timothywong Member

OO"
    Thanks for that, I had no idea they split...

11. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I thought the problem was because bungie were under M$'s belt, and now that bungie have split there would be nothing stopping them, and to fix the title, nintendo never created Halo DS, its all up to bungie. Whether or not theyll risk a lawsuit is another story.

12. conjy

conjy Well-Known Member

How bout changing the name of it to Haylo DS and giving Master Cheif a top hat. :p
    Works for youtube.

Also why is this in the Games and Jokes category?

13. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Halo DS is a bad idea, unless they make it into 2D......

14. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

Code:
    2D??... nah, nintendo should give halo ds up, because nds hasn't got very nice graphics, it wouldn't be a very nice game... they could do it for wii, that's what...

Code:
    don't know that, too... although this topic is about a game, it should be in general discussion...

15. Void

Void Well-Known Member

Wow, half of you have no idea what you're talking about. Microsoft wouldn't be "giving" money to Nintendo, because Microsoft doesn't make the Halo series; Bungie does. And now Bungie is a company free of Microsoft's constricted hold. Nintendo would not be developing any kind of Halo DS. Publishing possibly, but there's a nifty little thing called copyright that prevents Nintendo from making a Halo game on the DS.

Anyways, I don't know if the DS is capable of what the Halo series aims for. I''d be against it until proven wrong.

16. jadin72

jadin72 Well-Known Member

all of you guys are missing the point. Halo is TOO AWESOME to be putting it on ds, as it will probably be making money for bungie for years through xbox live accounts, and also, even thoug i love ds, it will kill the hao visage of one of the best games in the world. Sorry ds fans, it had to be said for halos sake.

17. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well i see the trailer of Halo 3, i can 100% sure that DS dont have the power to pull it off, not even PSP can pull it off >.>, i mean the game is too detail (even the NPC have clear face to display thier emotion)....but ii might able to pull it off asuming Wii have the same power as 360 that it....PS3 will enable them to do much more, but i doubt they will take the risk and make a PS3 edition though.

18. jadin72

jadin72 Well-Known Member

actually i didnt think of the wii, and i know from experience 1st person shooters on the wii rock. that sounds cool actually...

19. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

For fun.. I would prefer it..

20. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

It would still be toned down, the wii lacks the graphics power of the xbox360