1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Should i risk using my SCDS2 in my 3DS

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by Rat.2, May 11, 2011.

1. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

As the name of the topic says i was wondering if i should risk using my SCDS2 in my 3DS i have allready updated it to work on a 3DS but i have heard alot about bricking and wasnt sure if it was actually happening
    if i could use my SCDS2 without worry that would be great coz i traded in my dsi for it so i cant even use it atm

2. alukado

alukado Well-Known Member

It might be risky ,wait another couple of months.

3. kieran-123

kieran-123 Well-Known Member

It should be fine but don't hold me too that,there's plenty of forms on here and gbatemp that talk about this and after reading them I think it's fine to use them for now ;)

4. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Don't risk it right now, there are rumors that your 3DS can brick and such, until it's clear do not play the DSTWO on it.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I would say the rumours have been pretty well shown to be scaremongering by now.

6. yoshi2889

I said "until it's clear". As in, completely clear.

7. Loonylion

arguably that would be never.

8. yoshi2889

Never say never. Hackers tend to break everything.

9. Loonylion

'Hackers' have absolutely NO relevance to my statement. there cannot EVER be an absolute guarantee that using an unsupported device in a games console won't brick it.

10. yoshi2889

I was speaking of that hackers will break the seal of the 3DS AP eventually.

What you say is true -- however, if Nintendo itself is taking steps to bricking devices, something has to be done about it. In the meantime, we wait.

11. Loonylion

A) there is no evidence that they are and B) any countermeasures are not guaranteed to work.

12. yoshi2889

A. Did I say there was? No. I said IF Nintendo .....
    B. Not for now. As I said, we wait.

13. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

BIt may or may not brick. Though, many people say they can use it. I don't want to risk my console personally as I worked too long for that console and the games I bought for it. If anything happened to it, I would seriously curl up in a ball and cry.

To be honest, I would use it if I didn't want to keep my console legit and support Nintendo, unlike my Wii.

14. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

DOn't listen to these guys Rat.

DON'T BE A HERO

15. dsi tooley

dsi tooley Member

Wait for the official 3ds update then wait n hope that your card will bypass the 3ds system update, i remember doing this for my dsi, just takes patience. It is absolutely possiable to brick or kill a 3ds. A gentleman had used a flashcart of sometype (unspecified) then when he tried to update his 3ds it trigged the killswitch n had left his system inopperable. From my understanding if the 3ds during a update or in the systems records show pirating before an update than when the update is attempted theres a confliction between pirited software n the system tells the internals to cease functioning. This is pretty much what i found out from nintendo theirself. In theory it may be ok to use flashcards as long as you do not update your 3ds before your card. Patience is a vertue even if its a pain sometimes.