1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Should I buy Another SuperCard DStwo or say screw it?

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by AnimeboyX3, Aug 27, 2011.

1. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Here's my story I'll try to be brief.You see I received my SuperCard DStwo yesterday.It was working fine and all at first.Then after shutting off my 3DS just to go play some of my 3DS games and later when I was going to fire up my SuperCard it was giving me that black screen saying an error has occurred please refer to the manual for details press and hold the power button.So then I attempted again and the same thing happened.I formatted my micro sd card I searched for the latest firmwires installed them same thing.Nothing I did made this error go away.and it only got much worse.The damn card got stuck in my 3DS I struggled to get it out but I managed and I threw it away due to fear of it fucking up my 3DS.

So what was that about?Was mine defective because I HIGHLY doubt any flashcart was ever supposed to do that.And Super Card DSTwo is the best in the market?After my fiasco I'd think otherwise.

BTW I ordered mine from Modchipcentral are their's defective?Did I do something wrong?And should I buy another one or say screw it?If I should buy another one then what site do I go to pick up a GOOD WORKING ONE!?

2. miros

miros Well-Known Member

If I were you, I would try installing the firmware that was already on your SuperCard when it crashed after formatting the micro SD card. That would be your best bet because I find that sometimes the newest firmwares are not always the best to rely on. That being said you already tried the newest firmware with no luck, so I would like to think that you may have some better luck with the firmware that you had on the card when it crashed. Call it crazy, but one would not know for sure until you tried it. Best of luck with your adventures,
    miros

PS. In the event that installing the older version of the operating system on your SuperCard does not work, then I would try contacting Modchipcentral to see if you can get an exchange. Many of those websites will send you a new product if the one that you have goes defective in a given time frame, obviously after returning the defective product.

3. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

did you update your 3DS after the first time you played it ?

4. AnimeboyX3

Yeah my 3DS is at 2.1.0-4

5. Crazyplayboy

Crazyplayboy Well-Known Member

Then here is the problem. You need to update your DSTwo now. because you have updated your 3DS console, but you didnt update your DSTwo before that, so the DSTwo is not running anymore. Now you need to take a DS or DSi(<V1.43 ) to update your DSTwo and make it run on your 3DS again.

Here is the DStwo download area: http://eng.supercard.sc/manual/dstwo/download.htm

6. AnimeboyX3

My 3DS was updated before I got my Super Card and it worked until the error kept popping up for some reason.Or is that Nintendo's Anti Piracy kicking in?

7. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Try a different MicroSD card. The DSTwo itself is updated, so that shouldn't be a problem, especially if it was working before.

8. AnimeboyX3

I was using a Kingston 2GB Micro SD.Which brand do you recommend?

Also My SuperCard got stuck in my 3DS earlier and I struggled to get it out.Isn't it dangerous to use the SuperCard if it's going to get stuck?

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

It's because of the protruding chip. My old R4 fits really snugly into a DS Phat, yet is smooth as can be sliding in and out of a DSlite. Just avoid yanking it out too often if you're worried about it. Completing a game before moving to another is a good way to avoid the problem. Also, Kingston has a bad habit of being rebranded cards, and sometimes even fake garbage. Sandisk tends to be pretty reliable, but most would recommend a Transcend class 4 to class 6 MicroSD card of your choice.

You can get them for pretty good prices off of newegg.

10. AnimeboyX3

Alright.I'll think about it more before making my decision to buy another.I kinda chucked my Super Card due to fear :'(

11. Simoni

Simoni Member

yup...Supercard DSTwo is the best flash kits in the market currently...if you do not wanna try supercard anymore, you could choose an acekard 2i