1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Should I buy an Xbox 360 controller for my PC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by usernameladiesman217, Dec 30, 2011.

1. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Since my Logitech doesn't work with many Microsoft games such as RE:5, Darksiders etc.

I thought I might as well get one. My only concern is that they might not work with the console ports for the new consoles . I don't want to buy the thing and only use it for 2 years.

What do you think?

PS: It's bullshit that my Logitech doesn't work with these games, it works fine on any other games.

2. manjithxxx

manjithxxx Well-Known Member

So your concern is 'Will the controller work with an Xbox360 as well as your PC?'

3. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

No, his concern is that the controller won't work with the next generation of consoles, which he thinks will arrive within 2 years.

4. manjithxxx

manjithxxx Well-Known Member

That changed my entire perspective on this.

Its a very good controller if you ask me( I own one). Its worked very well for me and supported more than 90% of the games I played. As for your question, I think its highly unlikely that a new console would support previous-gen controllers(as it was the case with the 360 and PS3) . If you are going to buy the Xbox 360 controller for your PC, I would suggest the wired version because:
    1. It has a 3m(9ft) cable. I'm assuming you are using a monitor smaller than 30 inches, so there's no need for you to sit far away from the PC, so a 3m cable clearly does the job.
    2. Its half the price of the wireless version. If the new console doesn't support the 360 controller(more likely) you at least saved some money for buying an extra controller for the new consoleXD .
    3. You don't have to recharge it and since it pulls juice directly from your PC, the rumble feature stays consistent. In a wireless controller this isn't the case, as the rumble feature weakens when the battery is low.
    So I really recommend you go with the wired version unless you really hate cables or tangled wires.

5. dracky w

dracky w Well-Known Member

I have the Wireless one,Although Batteries is a bit of an issue i use it for alot of things,even normal OS related stuff,Get a program called Xpadder you will not regret it,you can use it for your Logitech and start using it again because Xpadder fully maps Game-pads to any button conceivable,I originally bought it for Gears of war I because my Game-pad right Analog stick was detecting wrong and this allowed me to Fix it,here is the link for the site:

http://xpadder.com/

6. Freesmithy

Freesmithy New Member

Get a wired one!! I don't see the concern with it not working with the next gen console as i will still be using mine on my pc until it is no longer supported
    regardless of whether i have the next gen console or not.
    It is definately the best control i've ever used on pc. Comfortable, no configuration, just plug in, install and that's it. The only time you'll ever run into a problem is when you need more buttons than it has but that is rare or if you can't install the drivers in which case use windows update.