1. This forum is in read-only mode.

shoptemp.net delivery time - 3 months!?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by toffster92, Feb 15, 2011.

1. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Okay, according to my mother, she placed an order for a Supercard DSTWO on shoptemp.net around the last week of November. I know that this was way before shoptemp closed down all of its flashcards and I was expecting it to arrive no later than the last week of December, as was stated by the estimated shipping time. However, It is now well into February and I still haven't received it! I was wondering if it really takes this long for things from shoptemp to arrive here, or did they just fuck things up and somehow my order, which was already paid for, got lost and they never bothered to look.

Just wanted to get you guys' opinion on this and what I should do.

2. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Get a refund and buy one from Lightake or similar reputable place.

3. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

so I should just give up on waiting for it to arrive then?

4. theunderling

theunderling Well-Known Member

Yeah-she might also only have a limited time to claim for dough back.

5. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Shoptemp was shut down about December 8th, so I wouldn't call the last week of November "way before" by any means. The order was placed probably about right before Shoptemp went under fire and finally had to stop selling. You can try contacting Costello or preferably the admins of the new Shoptemp site as it is run by the same people, as to inquire about the status of the delivery. There are high chances though that you just won't be seeing it, and that's out of the control of anybody at this point.

Note: The new Shoptemp service does not sell flash carts, thus, they don't have the funds to repay everybody who didn't get their delivery. You will likely be left high and dry in this case due to just flat out terrible timing. There are people who ordered at the beginning of November who never got their items making me think the legal matters probably started there and really stunted their delivery speed.

There are always chances the order may have just got lost to be perfectly honest. Many orders don't make it to their recipients, as shipping out of China doesn't always go well. There is also the fact that there was one holiday season, another holiday season for China, and now orders from other flash cart companies are severely backed up.

I would suggest buying from www.realhotstuff.com for a fast delivery if you live in the US (which I believe you do), as they are a US based company. A couple dollars more for most things, but worth it for the faster delivery. Otherwise, just use the new shoptemp.net page to find a trusted shop from their listed sellers. I would avoid lightake right now, as they try to keep getting people to buy, but are still really late with many deliveries because of the two very close holiday seasons for China.

6. doughboy

doughboy Guest

I was say return and buy from realhotstuff (jap or worldwide) or Lightake

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Novel concept, but have you tried contacting them?

8. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

I ran into issues with flash carts in the past and usually contacting the owners of the site is a very smart idea. They seem to be responsible business owners and prefer to have happy customers over angry customers.