1. This forum is in read-only mode.

shin megami tensei strange journey wont load my save file

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by omegavitaminc, Mar 31, 2010.

1. omegavitaminc

omegavitaminc Well-Known Member

on my acekard 2i, i have akaio rc2 (most recent version), and ive put a few dozen hours into the game already.
    this morning, i played Taiko no Tatsujin, but for some reason my file was gone, so i started a new game. an hour ago, i played strange journey, but there was no continue button. only new game, and config. i checked, and i still have the save file there, with the right extension.
    i also noticed that my wario ware diy file has been deleted.

2. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Did you check and make sure the save file is still on your sd card

3. omegavitaminc

:p

4. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

This sounds like a firmware corruption error. Also your flash memory may have got junked up a bit. Start with pasting in the latest firmware for AK2i and Akaio (to kill any possible corruption) and re-run your problem roms, if that does not help back up your save files and reformat your flash mem card. Re-install and re-load your games/saves and hope that your AK2i has not gone nuts or got possessed by SMT demons!

5. Golden890

Golden890 Member

This is because of the Anti-Piracy on it. If you can't save, you'll also notice that there are no random encounters. There's already a thread making a patch for it.

6. johnx

johnx Well-Known Member

But it works on Akaio 1.6RC2

7. omegavitaminc

I now tried repasting the firmware and it didnt work. i did fix wario ware diy though. the save somehow got its extention changed from nds.sav to .sav
    the only thing I havent tried is reformatting.

heres another odd thing. it says theres only a few kbs remaining, and i left over 10mb last time i plugged in my microsd. it mustve created some 10mb file in there somewhere, but i couldnt find it. I deleted everything after backing up the saves, then loaded everything back on. I didnt find anything!

one more odd thing, my settings in shin megami tensei are still there. it kept the settings! the continue button still isnt there though! and ive tried replacing the rom with a brand new one from romulation itself!

8. Golden890

Golden890 Member

Some emulators with their respective firmwares are able to play this game without the AP activating. Unfortunately, for R4 and DSTT users, a patch is still pending.

9. thetroy

thetroy New Member

10. liosthir

liosthir New Member

guys,any news for the save game load game problem on dstt?

11. twilightic0ne

twilightic0ne Member

I got in touch with the people form R4i-SDHC.com they may be making a patch for the game soon so something to look forward for the people with that R4 clone.