1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shin megami tensei devil survivor

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by gamerace19, May 25, 2010.

1. gamerace19

gamerace19 Well-Known Member

well downloaded this and found that there were a few problems using no$gba2.6a with or without zoomer. Looked for information on how to fix but so far nothing ive found has worked for the last problem and that is with the characters getting blocked out or text blocked

(looks like multicolor blocks generally seen as "corrupt data") but i've downloaded it a few times to be sure anyways just wondering if anyone using no$ knows of what specifics are needed to clear this problem up tried all the ex option combos as well)

Note: only help with no$ please no unhelpful posts such as just use so and so emulator its better

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

You mean the text glitch?
    If that is, change the 3D renderer on No$gba to OpenGL.

3. gamerace19

I did say i tried that didn't I? I already went through the forums here and tried the opengl(all this did was fix the text problem in the open scene that shows before you go to game menu to select new game continue, etc.) and turning off the option ex0 did was well nothing turning it on messed up text and turning off fixed it but it is not the same problem)

4. Halo-101

Halo-101 Well-Known Member

get the full package of no$gba 2.6a. = http://www.mediafire.com/?0tmrvozm0gm#1

and extract then run no$zoomer to get a big ds or no$gba for normal no$gba the full package allows for cracked roms,clean roms,encrypted roms comes with extensions,addons,firmware.bin file,BIOSGBA,patchengine,English,German,Espanol,Japenese Languages,

5. gamerace19

hmm didnt work still can i put up a screenshot of the problem somehow? i dont see an attachment button :-\ hmm found a workaround by making my profile picture the screenshot lol

kinda small but can see the problem well enough i wouldnt mind if it were just the pictures it happens to crucial story text and(in battle text and pictures(sometimes)

so far nothing has worked to stop this from happening

btw this is with latest no$ and zoomer and has only ex 4 on that makes the day and time display show(its not shown if the ex 4 is off) and i've confirmed that none of the ex options or combination's of options cause or fix this)

6. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Apparently it's can't be fixed with the current emulator power.
    Tried to mess around with the 3d Renderer and EX options doesn't give any changes.
    Except for Ex4 that allow you to see the clock.

If you want to post images, do it like this :
    Upload the image to an image hosting site and use this code.
    Code:
    [IMG]direct link to image here[/IMG]

7. meganova

That emulator is nowhere perfect yet, so there will be some issues during gameplay, especially graphics,
    even using its own addons only fix some issues but not all.

Whether you like or not,
    Using other emulator are your only option.

The game can still be finished even with those problem though.

8. gamerace19

and how am i too finish it when i cant see my choices in battle? or how am i to know what im supposed to do when the text that tells me is blocked? i said it a bit ago i know emulators arent perfect and if the problem didnt make the game unplayable( or at least barely playable at best)i wouldnt bother taking up others time with this post

9. meganova

Did you enable the EX0?
    Both graphic and text will be messed up at random set of battle, so if the text are missing, try disabling EX0(if you enable it) or just disable all.
    The graphic can't be fixed though but text are.

Try using this full package, use default settings, and try it again.
    Like I said before, If I'm able to finished it on No$gba, why can't you? I can see the text very well.

10. gamerace19

I AM using the full package and ex0 is off could you screeny all your no$ settings (make sure to use a blank backdrop if you do)

(not like ill do anything other than setup same as your and see but pays to be careful)and send to email [email protected]? if your is working then its gotta be something other than the ex options