1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Shall or shan't I?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by saddamsdevil, Mar 23, 2010.

1. saddamsdevil

saddamsdevil Well-Known Member

I am thinking of trading in my old trusty DS Phat for a DSi XL, thing is, I have the Supercard DSone SDHC, meaning I won't be able to use it on my DSi.

I am thinking of buying the DSi XL with a legal Pokemon HG/SS (preferably SS) and waiting till the DStwo gets released because Supercard never crapped on me like I heard from some other carts (LOLR4)

Is this worth it?

2. teheezin

teheezin Guest

I've got a DSi not XL one though.. and I think it's worth the upgrade if you had a DS phat but then the 3DS had only been announced, wait for that XD it's suppose to be revealed by this June~ it's said to give the players a 3D experience without needing a 3D Goggles @_@ cool huh~ I'm so gettin it when it's out

3. saddamsdevil

BUT will it play ds games? :p

The cross eye trick doesnt work for 3d btw D:

EDIT: it does sound awesome, I've been reading some stuff about it.

I MIGHT wait, but then I would have to wait till 2011, which is a long time o.o

4. teheezin

teheezin Guest

It is compatible with DSL and DSi games (it's mentioned) and just stick with you're DS Phat for the time being it's not gonna be long by the time it's release since there are still many games coming out for the DS you can just bare with them..

5. saddamsdevil

Well, I finally jumped off the financial bridge and ordered both a DSi XL as a Acekard2i (for temporary use until DS2 comes out :D)

Sexy DS, here I come.

6. teheezin

teheezin Guest

Hmm.. I guess you could trade-in you're DSi XL when 3DS comes out then..

7. saddamsdevil

It has a collectors value too :D I used to collect all the handhelds (and have all of the nintendo handhelds up to the DS phat, after that it got expensive and tedious)

8. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

I see no point in purchasing a DSi. It does nothing that can't be done with flash carts already available. I suppose it is okay if you didn't have a DS already, but then you are sacrificing the Slot 2, which destroys the possibility for a ram extender. I have my DS phat (got it in 2004) and a DS Lite (was given to me). The DSi doesn't have enough to warrant spending another $150.

Just one point of view on the system though.

Here is to hoping you are very satisfied with your purchase. :D

9. saddamsdevil

The ds phat just doesn't cut it anymore I guess :p I was looking for a reason to dump it for a while and I found it in the battery life being less than efficient lately and the over-scratched casing.

It was being that girlfriend that you took just cause why not, but you couldn't break up without of guilt.

Now I got the Alba version soon and it has a pair of fine big... screens.

10. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The battery life is pretty awful on my DS phat now, I need to spend a few dollars on a new battery for it. I guess after nearly 6 years, the battery is bound to not be what it used to be. I also need to replace my touch screen on it, as there is something wrong with it that goes beyond just digging some dirt out from under the plastic that surrounds the edge of the screen. I just don't want to take my whole DS apart, which is what I will need to do to replace the screen because of how the phat was built.

The Alba version eh? Sounds like quite the upgrade! I bet you can't wait to just sit there and stare at those big.....screens for hours. :p

11. saddamsdevil

Hell yeah.

My acekard got delivered today, I got it within a day from ordering it! What service (cheaphardware.nl) in the netherlands.

Now my DSi XL will get delivered monday evening when I get home from work :D

I already flashed the 1.4 update on my acekard and confirmed the games I need to be working (Pokemon HG/SS, Infinite Space, WarioWare D.I.Y :D) so when it arrives, I'll dl some DSi Ware and get going immediate :)