1. This forum is in read-only mode.

SFX but no background music with ePSXe

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Weredawg, May 21, 2010.

1. Weredawg

Weredawg Member

Hey guys, I've been reading around but am still having trouble with some games to play background music.

I'm using the 1.7.0 ePSXe emulator. Some games (such as the Crash series have worked near perfectly) but when it comes to games like Wipeout, Jet Moto (and mabye Spyro? Was there no background music in that or I just don't remember something?) Anyways, I got the games from this site, and have tried mounting the games using Daemon tools and then using the run CDROM option with Mooby2(?) plugin but still no luck. Run as ISO gives me no background music but running as CDROM with Mooby2 gives me some very loud static X( I know it has something to do with CDDA or something. I've tried different audio plugins. For example, Wipeout XL works if running a virtually mounted version via run CDROM, using the ISO option freezes the game but with Mooby2 I get the static like posted earlier. This laptop is new, 2.13GHz i3 quad core processors with 4GB of ram (so I don't think it's my comp) I just need to know the right settings and configuration to get racing games like Wipeout to play with it's music.

Thanks.

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Have you tried using the Eternal SPU Plugin lite 1.41 ?
    Or maybe the Standard Pete's Sound Plugin, and you may need to try to get the latest version of the Sound Plugins.

3. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

and try to play it from a CD instead.

4. Weredawg

Weredawg Member

@Galih Yes I have tried that plugin (it's the one I'm currently using now)
    @meganova Would I need to burn the files I got from this site to a DVD?
    Again, I have mounted all possible files of a game to a virtual drive with Daemon tools and using the run CDROM option but that creates a lot of static. Running Wipeout XL as an ISO freezes it

EDIT: I've also tried Pete's DSound Driver 1.14 and P.E.Op.S DSound Audio Driver 1.9 (are these the most recent?)
    I'm also trying to get CTR to work by following these http://forums.ngemu.com/978580-post10.html instructions. Only thing is that I got the game from here and it had 2 files, a .cue and a .bin and I can only mount the .cue with Daemon Tools. Alcohol 120% is only giving me a 15 day trial, do they use .bin or will I need to find a different copy of CTR? (The game freezes at the beginning of Adventure mode with Aku Aku shows up and starts talking)

5. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Daemon Tools can mount the BIN as well. Just change to All File Types and select it.

But mounting the CUE is the same, since the CUE points to the BIN.

6. Weredawg

Weredawg Member

Ok, I used Daemon Tools Lite to mount both CTR's .cue and .bin into the same virtual drive, used Mooby2's plugin, had it set to the configuration as listed in the provided link and the only "executable" file I can find with the run CDROM option is "Last.bin" and running that only gives me a black screen. What am I doing wrong? Should I get CTR somewhere else in a different format such as CCD or ISO? This isn't the only game that's not 100% by the way.

EDIT: So no other advice? Has anyone gotten these game to work fully?

7. Weredawg

Weredawg Member

Bumping for attention (sorry if that's against the rules or something)

I got Alcohol 120%, mounted both .ccd and .cue of Wipeout XL into a virtual drive but I can't find any file that ePSXe with Mooby2 can launch as the game. What step am I missing?

8. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

With them mounted to a virtual drive, configure your CDRom Plugin to point to that drive. Then just choose Run CD option and it will run that game.

9. Weredawg

Weredawg Member

Configuring Mooby2 like that still searches for a .bin or related file. Hm, what other plugin should I try/use?

10. meganova

Just set the game image that need to be run on Mooby2 configuration.
    as well enable the "Repeat all CDDA track".

11. Weredawg

Weredawg Member

Hey, I tried out the ePSXe CDR WNT/W2kK core 1.7.0 Cdrom plugin and it played the game (but with no music still) since there were only two settings allowing me to select my virtual drive (E:) but with Mooby2 all I'm finding are the following folders (Common, Sound, Textures, Track01,02....20) and that's it. Each folder leading to a blank screen. How do I get Mooby to just select my E: drive?

12. meganova

For the Mooby2,
    You only need to select the game image(.bin, .iso, .img) directly, no need to use the Virtual Drive.

13. Weredawg

Weredawg Member

I've used Mooby2, navigated to where I keep the game files and selected Wipeout XL .ccd as the autorun, ran Cdrom, played the game but it still didn't have any background music :/

14. meganova

Have you tried to enable/disable the CDDA settings?
    Try using different settings.

15. Weredawg

Weredawg Member

HOLY CRAP YAY! :D I enabled caching, sub channel, and selected Play one track and stop and now the music works. Also, I set my autorun to the .bin file rather than the .img that I did last time. Thanks for all the help guys ^_^
    Post Merge: [time]1274596125[/time]
    Now that I think I found the fix for some games, there's one game that's bugging me and most other players (who still have this problem); Crash Team Racing. I've been messing around with settings and I still get the same problem (at the beginning of Adventure mode, Aku Aku shows up and does his dialog speech but it freezes at that point and I can't go anywhere)