1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Seriously. This Should Be Illegal.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WhiteAndBlue, Sep 28, 2009.

1. WhiteAndBlue

WhiteAndBlue Member

[​IMG]

Find those related for bestbuy

Just be glad you know how to do something that's clearly worth some value. Or look at this way -- next time your uncle's friend calls you so that you can fix his computer or console, send him this picture. Tell him you'll do it for half.

2. Renji217

Renji217 Well-Known Member

If you ever visit the Tech Help side of the forum then youll know why people would rather pay someone to do it rather than figure it out for them self....

3. Reider

Reider Modereider

Oh lawd. For all the more effort it takes to set one of those up, I'd do it for $10.00 and that's only if I really needed the money.

Those geek squad guys don't know what the hell they're doing half the time either so they're certainly not worth the money you'd be giving them.

4. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

All I need is a soft drink and an hour of "testing to make sure it works" time and that's all I need in payment :)

Seriously-I HELP SECOND HAND DEALERS AND EB GAME EMPLOYEE'S SELL GAMES!

...how else do you explain that the wii's sensor bar needs to be connected to the dam system to work?

Stupid people coming in constantly going "ma wii broke and i'm thick to know what this bar does".

And the poor eb people are lost for words-and the second hand dealers start speaking LOUDER just so they understand-as if they are deaf foringers...

In fact-I do it for free anyway-except if I give you a game in the set up-than there is a cost XD

(What dumb@$$ thought of this idea-dam you best buy!)

5. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

150 bucks to set up a computer.
    150 bucks to set up a wireless network.
    50 bucks for each additional device on the network.
    300 bucks for on location virus removal.

50 bucks to install one software program?

6. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Sounds like what the pc repair people charge-yep even the software installs :)

BTW-AUD for whatever country you are all in XD

7. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

they charge.... for doing something that is....... easy and free?

setting up a PS3 isnt rocket sciences, anyone who can read is capable of setting up a PS3.

8. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Where I am they NEED a service like this.

Sure-victoria is one of the more developed areas-but the outer suburbs have a lot of idiots who can't tell a pc from an nes.

Sure they can read-but to understand is another matter :(

(let me guess-no offence-but is best buy american based-then I know why they made it XD)

9. nathan klaib

nathan klaib Member

As most people would say, Google is your friend!

10. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

i see many things like this
    charging people for installing things?
    they should do it for free the ps3 is costy enought

11. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If your working for a company, would YOU want to work for a moron too dumb to install a system for free?

No thanks.

If it was for a friend or someone I know then for free :)

12. WhiteAndBlue

WhiteAndBlue Member

Hehehe "plentywood"

13. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

i like it. those people have smarts, the stupid should be taken advantage of.

14. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

And thus why despite increase in cost, fast food still promotes getting fat and saving money-and I should know-if only they did comision for it-WE'D BE RICH!

15. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

The sad thing about this is I would say some people has fallen for it. Personally I wouldn't charge anything unless it was a total set up with the system,wide screen tv,surround sound and wireless connection and so forth even then I wouldn't charge more than $20.00 if I charge anything at all.

16. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

Some would have fallen for it-it's enevitable :(

17. TDSrock

TDSrock New Member

geek squad what a geeks
    trust me seting up the playstation 3 is easy i did it without anny help from annywhere and after 10 mins i was playing on it so i would do it free for manny people but hey i'm not ganna come to jou

18. lampslammer

lampslammer Well-Known Member

Dont get me wrong i hate these scammers. But they are smart about business. They charge by the hour, and the customers dont question what they're fixin. They called them because they dont know their stuff. So they take their sweet ass fixin something they could fix in 15 minutes. Alot like an auto garage chargin my grandma for uneccessary parts. She doesnt know whats wrong with car. They must kill it in profit.

19. m3romz

m3romz Well-Known Member

Only for setup of PS3 :eek:

20. Omega_2

Omega_2 Strings Cat

Hell, I'd do it for some Dr. Pepper :eek:
    Also, this goes on to prove that most Americans can't read(and the manual) or google.
    Sucks being out here and being called illiterate over these types of things :\