1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sentai series

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, May 13, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

For those of you who do not know, Sentai are live action Super Hero Series In Japan, that was first Started off by Godzilla, which was followed up & improved upon by Ultraman.

Later, team based Sentai, like the Infamous (Put Characteristic here) Ranger/man Series became popular.

And FYI to westerners, Power Rangers was not an American Concept & certainly not the first of the series

Then after the Arrival of the Kamen Rider Series, followed the Metal Heroes series, began by the Space Sheriffs (Gaban, Sherivan & Shaider), which then was followed by the Guyferd (Guyver) Series.

If you know these, then this is your thread

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

Cyber Cops anyone?

3. mick1234

mick1234 Well-Known Member

i have seen some of the sentai power rangers show are taken form it

4. calvin_0

wow nobody here watch Kamen Rider? or Ultraman?

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

That's probably because a lot of the Sentai heroes really never got Aired in foreign soil, except for Ultraman, who has an American & Australian remake & Masked Rider, a lame Import.

But here in Manila we got our fare taste of Sentai heroes, the most popular is Space Sheriif Shaider

6. calvin_0

well I saw couple of them in malaysia

-Cyber Cops
    -Masked Man
    -Ultraman series
    -Kamen Rider series
    -Time Cops
    -Spider-Man (yup, japanese spider-man)

although i only like Cyber Cops, Ultraman series and Kamen Rider series

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Ugh!

If this much anticipated Dragon Ball Z movie will probably suck because it has been bastardized by western treatment, then the Sentai Spider man is bastardization of a western hero with Japanese treatment.

Absolutely weird, lame & funny at once, imagine Spider man having a 50 foot Mecha Robo, :p

8. calvin_0

yup that what he got, I think he got 3 robots, and he need to transform into Spider-Man (worse transformation every) not like Peter Parker who had the spider power.

9. winsly_langes

winsly_langes New Member

ah Kamen Rider Black.... nothing but awesome... nothing but awesome

10. Cahos Rahne Veloza

I've posted on the "Classic Robot Anime" thread that I'm looking for MP3s of the theme music for such Anime, same here, I'm also looking for MP3s of Sentai series, hope someone can help

11. calvin_0

http://riderkeoh.multiply.com/music/item/7

that guy have a pretty neat Kamen Rider Theme, you need to regiester to download

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Wow he's got a lot of Kamen Rider MP3s thanks ;D

13. calvin_0

yup, too bad only 3 Kamen Rider themes are good, those are....

-Original Kamen Rider OP
    -Kamen Rider Black OP
    -Kamen Rider Black RX OP

14. kaineru

kaineru Well-Known Member

Kamen Rider Black is still my favorite til now....

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Kamen Rider Black's first ending theme, Fantasy... I forgot the rest is one of my favorite Ending themes ever, I fell in love with the vocalist's voice, Platonically ofcourse ;D

16. calvin_0

well i like Kamen Rider Black, but i perfer Kamen Rider Black RX, nothing is cooler then someone who have a lightsaber as finisher.

17. kaineru

The singer of the OP for Kamen Rider Black is none other than the actor of black himself.... (Tetsuo Kurata if I remember correct) cool aint it?

18. mick1234

mick1234 Well-Known Member

does any one know where to find Super Sentai with subs

19. wesker92

wesker92 Member

I saw some Sentai in TV when i was young like Spectreman (Ultraman ) , Bioman , Power rangers , X-Or or Spielvan... :)

20. kaineru