1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Sega Saturn and Sonic Jam

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Patass, Oct 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patass

Patass New Member

So I just found this marvelous little site here, and I was hoping I could get some help. I'm currently downloading Sonic Jam from this site, but I'm kind of confused about something. Why is it a .exe file? Should it be .zip, .7z, .rar, .iso...Basically anything aside from a .exe? I just installed Windows 7 64bit and I dont have a virus scanner yet, so this is kind of concerning me. Also, is Satourne the best emulator? The sound seems a little delayed in the main menu and I can't make it full screen. And how would I load Sonic Jam onto it?

2. meganova

meganova Well-Known Member

All the SS roms from this website is in .exe format. Don't worry about that. ;D
    and I think SSF is the best emulator for SS.
    You need to burn it into a cd or using a virtual program like Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% to load the game.

3. Patass

Patass New Member

Windows 7 can't use Daemon Tools, so I'll try to find a blank CD somewhere real quick. I switched to SSF, and I'm pretty sure I have some messed up BIOS. I put in my actual Sonic R disc, and it loaded up in japanese, and went straight to the audio menu.

4. meganova

Dang it...
    Didn't see that. ;D

5. Patass

Patass New Member

It's kay, I've got it burning with Magic Iso now. I didn't realize the .exe was a compressed bin/cue. Clever. Anyway, how about those bios?

6. meganova

Bios?
    since most all of the forum forbid a download links for bios.

I can only advised you to use...

www.google.com. ;D

Use the keyword "Sega Saturn Bios", and I'm sure you can get nice result from it.
    Get all three Bios region. Japan,EU,US.

Good Luck.

7. Patass

Patass New Member

lawl, that doesnt make much sense, being an emulation site with direct links to rom downloads, but ok.

8. meganova

That's why the site didn't host it, because it's ILLEGAL. ;D

Good Luck to you again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.